Thursday, September 10, 2009

Preview

HELLO! Oh my goodness it's good to see every one. Nothing horrible has happened to me. On the contrary, I've started exercising again with my daughter though my schedule has not been as regular as I would like it to be. I'm thinking about starting a challenge with Rachel (she's 14) and have a prize at the end of the challenge for the one (or both of us!) who completes it. Should be a good incentive. :)

I've decided to post at least once a week. I know it's not the every day posts that I was doing but honestly there just isn't a way for me to do it all. School and life just demand a lot of time.
Here is Rachel's school load:
  • Grammar
  • Classical Roots
  • writing
  • geography
  • Latin
  • Spanish
  • Logic
  • 3 math courses (Math-U-See, Life of Fred, Teaching Textbook)
  • biology
  • ancient history
  • art
  • world religions
  • cartoon/comic group & class
  • once a month chemistry class
  • once a month science/history class at museum of natural science
  • weekly Latin class besides the one at home

That's a lot! I may have even forgotten something.

Much of my blog has been about health and losing weight. As I have been saving for taxes I have been looking for the least expensive meals to prepare to save as much money as possible. Have you noticed that the dollar just doesn't go as far as it used to?! What happened?

Unfortunately, the easiest way to stretch a dollar is with filler foods like rice or pasta. Not Weight Watcher friendly. But I'm trying to get creative to make items that will be low calorie, dollar stretchers that actually taste good.

Not exactly a dollar stretcher but I do have a fantastic recipe for pulled pork sandwiches that is out of this world. Can't wait to share.

I think I will be doing my posts on Sundays and see how that works out. So meet me back here Sunday and we'll chat and I'll share a recipe or two and we'll catch up.

14 comments:

  1. Wow, you guys are serious about this schooling bizness. We started home-schooling Pisa again this year and I'll just be happy if she learns how to DVR one program and watch a different one at the same time (so she can show me how).

    Life does get in the way, and money can get tight, but there's ways of stretching bucks if you're creative (how do you feel about shoplifting?)

    Anyway, blog when you can and keep us posted on how it's going. Glad to hear you're doing well.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one serious school schedule!

    Learning to find a balance in this life is tough to do, but it sounds like you are managing well.

    As usual, Jack Sh*t cracks me up. Shoplifting, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO happy to see you back again! It's amazing how you can miss someone you've never met in real life. Glad all is well...Rachel sure has a load...but she is awesome and has one of the BEST teacher I know!
    I just started my own weight-loss blog...after months of following others, I'd love you to check it out. Can't wait to hear more of what is to come! http://whodoyouchoosetoday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you back, Kelly! Dang, homeschooling seems harder than public schools! Y'all are busy!!! Oh well, at least I can look forward to a weekend post from you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to hear from you!!

    That is quite a schedule. I know it is a lot of work, but you definitely seem to make learning fun based on what I've seen of your summer exploits. Your daughter is so lucky!

    I know what you mean. Posting every day was just too much of a strain for me. I'm trying to get back into the habit of posting more often, but I don't see daily posts returning anytime soon.

    Good for you for making it back to the gym!

    I think soups are the best dollar stretchers ever. Luckily, soup weather is starting and I'm getting back into the groove. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lot of subjects. We've homeschooled for years. My oldest just started college - my youngest is 1 so I have a lot of schooling left.

    Food is super expensive. Do you guys like beans? Because if you do they are budget friendly, and probably would be WW approved!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm retired and blogging less than a year. It became clear very early the daily thing was insane to a retiree. 2-3x a week is plenty.

    I can't imagine a mom with children's schedules trying to blog every day.When things are too stressful, it is not fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The challenge with Rachel sounds like fun. Looks like she has quite the lesson schedule!
    Path to Health

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great to see you back! I have missed you!

    Stop by my blog! I have an award for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Whooooo hooooo! Glad you're back, Kelly!!! Been missing ya and wondering...

    See ya tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi. I decided to delurk... have you looked at http://www.5dollardinners.com? There are some good ideas for cheap on there.

    Your kids will be wise beyond their years and smarter than their peers with your homeschooling schedule. That's great.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is an intense school load!!! But actually makes me want to go back to school, I miss having the focus.
    We'll be looking forward to your weekly updates/posts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad you are posting again. Miss your great recipes!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)