Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Happy Anniversary to Me

October 27th was my 19th wedding anniversary. Boy, time flies when you're having fun. :) I still can't believe how fortunate I am to have married my best friend. In case you don't know us, Chuck and I are pretty much inseparable. We just love spending time together even if it means going grocery shopping together. I can only hope that my children find someone that they are as happy with.

So what did I do for my anniversary? Well, I took Rachel to a two hour class at the museum in Houston to learn about Day of the Dead. It's an interesting holiday that I know very little about. She got to make some sugar skulls, eat some bread of the dead (very tasty), make a tin skull and learn a lot of history. It was a terrific class. Once a month they get to learn about a new topic there. November: The Plague.

After the class I had to rush home and then off tothe dentist office to have a broken tooth repaired. While sitting in the waiting room I look up and see my mother in law there. We had both been sitting there not realizing the other was in the same room. Small world. :) So she invites us out to eat for our anniversary.

Then off to the back to get my tooth worked on. The dentist hooks me up to the gas to relax me and I was totally flying. I was so high that I had trouble understanding what people were saying. LOL At that point, you really don't care what the dentist does to your teeth. He repaired the tooth, gave me some oxygen, and sent me on my way. All better.

Then I rushed around town getting Chuck a gift card, Reese cup bouquet, and a sweet card. Then rushed home to sign the card and get everything situated and he walked through the door right while I was finishing up.

We sat around for 10 minutes then it was time to go out to eat at Texas Roadhouse. Their food is sooooo good. Not exactly a Weight Watcher friendly place but I haven't started back on WW yet so I'm good. :) Plus it was a special day.

After dinner we had to get some pet food, then home to feed the pets, then back out for Chuck to spend his gift card, then to the book store for Charlie to get some new books and then finally home to watch a little TV and pass out. It was a busy day.

Tomorrow we leave for our camping trip. I can't wait! It's been a while and the weather has been so nice. After the camping trip I'll be signing back up with WW meetings. I'm actually looking forward to it.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. I'll post some pics of the trip when I get back. And have a great Halloween! I think we're going to take some night hikes near the alligators. oooooooo.....spooooooky.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary, Kelly and Chuck! You two are so sweet together - I love the way he comments on your posts and how supportive you two are of each other. Sounds like it was a crazy, fun way to spend the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary!!!

    I renewed my commitment to WW On Linethis week after a 8 pd gain, mostly out of town trips, several weeks in a row, overnight stays and lots of eating out, all for medical appointments.

    And really enjoying the camping trip!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)