Thursday, December 3, 2009

Chicken Scaloppine with Pesto and Cheese (7 pts)

I'm desperately trying to get all of my Christmas shopping done with what money I have available. I prefer to order things over the internet but Wal Mart (the place I despise the most but can't seem to stay away from) had a Wii game for the kids that Amazon was sold out of and a couple of board games. Wal Mart does have a cool feature on their web site where you can search for a product and then see if your store has it in stock. It's semi-accurate. :)


Before the kids got up I headed out the door. I'm happy to say that Wal Mart was not too crowded! While the first Wal Mart I went to did have the board games they were out of the Wii game. So off to the next Wal Mart that supposedly had them in stock.


I found a front row parking place! To my utter disgust and surprise, I got out of the car to see that I had parked in a pile of vomit. I think I threw up a little in my throat at the sight of it. TO top it off, a little bit of it dripped off of my fender. I guess my tire had kicked up some when I pulled into the spot. Bleck!!!! OMG, I felt like I needed a shower. But this Wal Mart did have the game. I was able to get back home before the kids even woke up. Now if I can only get that vomit memory out of my head. It was awful, I tell you.

Breakfast: Carb Check Bagel with some Weight Watcher cream cheese (3 pts)


Lunch: Subway (turkey and veggies with cheese on wheat, apples and Diet Coke 7 pts) while out and about but before grocery shopping. I learned to NOT go to the grocery store while hungry.



Snack: an apple (1 pt) and 8 oz. of V8 Light Strawberry Banana (1 pt) a good way to get some fruits and veggies and it tastes so good that even the kids like it!

Dinner: Chicken Scaloppine with Pesto and Cheese (7 pts); 1 cup corn (2 pts), 1 cup salad This chicken has an incredible flavor. You have got to give it a try. It's really not difficult to make and only uses 4 ingredients (if you don't count the salt, pepper and olive oil). I'm definitely going to make this again.

Tonight was my Weight Watcher meeting night. I haven't been since my first meeting 3 weeks ago. I was gone for 2 weeks and was not exactly on my best behavior. It showed. :( I lost 1.4 pounds since the first time I weighed there 3 weeks ago. Oh well. I'm doing good now. :)

It feels good to be blogging again after taking so much time off over the summer. I'm shamed of the weight that I put back on but I know I can lose it. Above all else, I want to be honest here with my struggles and victories. All of my little experiments and ideas. It's not always an easy road. Some days it's a struggle and some days it's a breeze. This is just something that I want so badly for myself that I am willing to do what it takes to make it to my goal. It's not rocket science but it is a battle of me against myself. The good me will win. :)

I still have 4 points left for the day so I'll probably have a piece of fruit or some yogurt.

2 comments:

  1. Don't feel ashamed!!!! You did not give up; you are back on track and TRYING every day and THAT is all that matters! All GOOD choices count, Kel!

    Glad you're back to blogging, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pesto on the chicken sounds so good! I always forget about pesto but I do love it.

    I am so happy you are back to posting more regularly - and don't worry, with your determination, the weight will be falling off of you in no time!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)