Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Cilantro Rice Bowl Recipe

Mom left to go home today but my kids really wanted to go too. So they went home with her to stay until Wednesday. She has 10 acres where they can run around and just be kids. There's a pond and creek and woods and a horse and beautiful gardens. I had a fun time growing up there. :)

As you can imagine, the house was VERY quiet while they were gone. I took full advantage of it and changed bird cages then just vegged out and watched a couple of movies until Chuck came home.

Dinner was Cilantro Rice Bowl (9 pts) that tasted just like something you'd get at Chipotle. 9 Points is a little more than I like to spend on dinner but these were HUGE portions and delicious. You could probably lower the points by cutting back on the cheese and meat. Maybe just 1 Tbs of sour cream instead of two. But it tastes so good the way I made it.

(Just follow the link above to the recipe)

Chuck and I enjoyed a glass of wine and went to sleep. It was a good way to end the day.

I stayed totally on plan but the rest of the food was pretty boring and seems to be a repeat of other days. LOL

3 comments:

  1. MMmm! Mexican sounds so good to me! I'll certainly have to try this one! Thanks for being an inspiration!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious! Definitely will be on my meal plan in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like something my hubby would enjoy, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)