Monday, December 7, 2009

Just a Monday

Drizzly. Gray. Cold. It's December in Texas. They say that people can become depressed during the winter months due to lack of sunlight. I think I might have had a touch of that this morning.

I have no reason to be down: decent health, great kids, the most loving husband, great house, great parents, my blogging buddies, etc. etc. The only thing I can think of to be slightly down about is that I am still a little on the fluffy side (I don't want to say fat). But I'm working on that! So that's a big plus. Yes? So it must be the lack of sunlight.

Realizing why I am down helped me to get over it and get moving. With that, I fixed a cup of coffee and totally forgot about breakfast.

Breakfast: N/A

Lunch: leftover chili with rice (7 pts It was a big bowl) and a few candy corn for dessert (3 pts)

I did school with the kids. Instead of making it an open ended school day I decided to set the timer and make school over at 3:30pm no matter where we were in our lessons. The kids really appreciated having that limit. I was too! We got a surprisingly large amount done today! I think I'll try that again tomorrow.

Hunger was not an issue today which surprised me. I usually have the munchies throughout the day. Could it be because yesterday I spent my 35 weekly allowance points at a pizza buffet and felt an incredible amount of guilt over it? Whatever the reason, I'm just not that interested in food today. Don't worry. It'll catch up with me and I'll be back to my ravenous self. :)

I didn't go to the grocery store today. I didn't have time and the weather was just terrible. It rained the entire day! So I rummaged through the refrigerator and found leftover fat free hot dogs. I made some alfredo noodles for Rachel and dinner was done.

Dinner: hot dog with cheese and mustard and baked kettle chips (7 pts)

Yes, this means I have 9 points leftover for the day. No, I did not get enough fruits and veggies today. But we have days like that.

And now is my favorite time of the day: when I get to snuggle down in a warm, soft bed with my favorite man (the other guys have left for the day LOL) and watch a little TV before drifting off to dreamland.

2 comments:

  1. This time of year really can get a person down. I try to remedy it with a good warm glass of tea. Of course, it's cold enough for warm tea here, but it may not be in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a lot of days the recommended dietary food intake doesn't match up, but normally points do. Since I am required dring 3 c. milk/day, a lot of my points get used up fast.

    Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)