Monday, December 14, 2009

My little weekend recap

Saturday I made one of Chuck's favorite breakfast treats: Ham & Swiss Breakfast Galette (4 pts) with a cup of grapes (1 pt). Of course, Chuck had two. :) Before lunch we went in search of a Christmas tree. Kroger happened to have one for $15! That's my kind of price.

Lunch: black bean patty with cheese and mustard on a sandwich thin and a slice of pumpkin pie (5 pts)

My mom came for a visit with my niece and nephew which was great since she hasn't been for a visit in months. My mom loves Chinese food but rarely gets to have it so I was going to her some from one of my favorite places: Imperial China Diner. I consulted my trusty Dining Out Guide from Weight Watchers and got the Chicken and Broccoli and brown rice (approx. 9 pts).

Dessert: a puddin' cup (1 pt)

I also had a couple of cheese samples (2 pts) while I was at the grocery store earlier

Fiber One yogurt (0 pts)

WW Red Velvet bar (1 pt)

Exercise: I rented The Biggest Loser Wii game from Blockbuster to try it before I bought it. I chose the Beginner option on the game and it set me up on a yoga routine....for a beginner. By the end of the routine I was sweating like crazy. I felt it was pretty easy but by the next morning my side were so sore. +1 Activity Point

Sunday:

Chuck made breakfast. My hero. :) He made hash browns, scrambled eggs, bacon and toast. mmmm. And even did the dishes!

Breakfast: scrambled egg whites, 2 slices bacon, 1 toast, a few hashbrowns cooked with a spray of nonstick spray (approx. 5 pts) and a glass of Tropicana50 orange juice (1 pt)

Also had a Sugar Free Rock Star (0 pt) I neeeeeed this stuff some mornings. I'm sure it's not good for you.

Snack: Fiber One Yogurt (0 pt)

Lunch: leftover spinach lasagna (6 pt) and garlic bread (1 pt) and coffee with hazelnut creamer (1 pt)

Mom left for a family Christmas party and I had to go to the grocery store. Got home, unloaded groceries, and went back out to pick up dinner. I had a craving for Pei Wei. :)

Dinner: Pei Wei Dan Dan noodles (8 pts for half of the order) I got a call from my mom. She had been lost in Houston for almost 2 hours. So instead of trying to make it home in the dark and the thick fog, she came back to spend the night. It was great to see her again so soon!

Dessert: 5 oz red wine (2 pts)

I don't know what happened but the weekend but it just flew by! I can't believe it's already Monday and Christmas is next week. I have got to get busy planning a semi-healthy Christmas dinner.

Are you planning a healthy Christmas dinner or just going to enjoy yourself?

9 comments:

  1. That galette looks delicious!

    I'm planning on a controlled indulgence for Christmas. I'm going to eat what looks good and until I feel satisfied. That's the plan...*fingers crossed* here's hoping :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the mistake of taking my 10-year-old daughter Pisa to a tree lot. She was just mesmerized by all the trees, and she informed me that she had never gotten to pick the family tree. She's about to slip into those bad teenage years, so I drastically overpaid for "the most awesomely awesome Christmas tree ever!"... but whatcha gonna do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea that Blockbuster rented Wii Fit games - no, I don't get out much - what a great idea to try them out!

    Your poor mom - I hate getting lost in big cities!

    Our Christmas dinner will be healthy in that I'm serving steamed broccoli...along with HoneyBaked Ham, hash brown casserole, and sweet potato casserole - hey, one out of four ain't bad, right?!?

    ReplyDelete
  4. All you recipes look DELISH! The spinach lasagna is one I'll certainly have to try! And, thanks for adding the point values I've been eating the WW yogurt 4oz 1pt! I had no idea that the Fiber One has a 0 pts value! AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your weekend food sounds/looks great! Your doing so good.

    I'll eat healthy for Christmas dinner...I pick and chose what i'm willing to eat. Thanksgiving went will, so i'm feeling I can handle Christmas okay too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, that breakfast gallette looks amazing!
    BODA weight loss

    ReplyDelete
  7. In keeping with a "different kind of Christmas" we will pick up Christmas meals at VFW for a donation and our dinner. We are going to get extra for less fortunate neighbors.

    I can eat whatever I have points for. I usually eat very little when a calorie laden day is in the planning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy crap that galette looks so freaking yummy! i am going to have to give that one a try for sure!

    I love Pei Wei for lunches on the days I dont pack :) They really have a lot of point friendly options, especially if you go with the veggies & tofu!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)