Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Wanna join me in a challenge?

I'm breaking a rule (I think) by posting twice in one day. Oh well. I'm such a rebel.

I've joined a challenge that helps not only myself but others less fortunate. I'm talking about the Pound for Pound Challenge. You may have heard about it on Biggest Loser?

"For every pound you pledge to lose through June 30, 2010, the Pound For Pound Challenge will donate 14¢ to Feeding America® — enough to deliver one pound of groceries to a local food bank. $800,000 maximum donation."

I pledged to lose 40 pounds by June 10, 2010. The more I lose, the more someone else gains.

This is a great cause. Why not make all of your weight loss efforts help another person along the way? Join the Pound for Pound Challenge with me!

If you decide to join, please leave me a comment and let me know. :)

9 comments:

  1. I did it! I pledged to lose 20 pounds by the end of June. Love the motivation and the good cause! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Thanks for sharing! I'm on way way over there now!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I pledged to lose 10 lbs by the end of June since I'm nearing my goal finally!! Thanks for bringing this up.

    Question: Once we pledge, do we have to input what we actually lose? Or do they just want us to pledge and that's it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amanda,
    After you pledge, you will receive an email closer to the due date asking how much you actually lost. At least that's how it worked last time I did it. :)
    Congrats on getting so close to goal!!! Color me green with envy. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK- I have still been losing... well a little and not gaining but slacking and a lot of it has to do with not blogging and not reading posts.... So this is my first time back in a while and I stumbled upon your post and it was meant for me- YES! and I need 40 to go to goal... so I am in and challenging you too! Both of us down 40 by June 30- deal? What a great motivator to help others while helping myself!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelly - it's been over 2 years I've been working on it! Down around 85 lbs but keep hovering there! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I pledged too!!! Let's do this people!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)