Friday, December 18, 2009

Weigh In and a Diva Tantrum

The day went great. I stayed on plan AND did my strength training routine at the Y while Charlie had his Christmas party. I brought 100 McNuggets. :)

Breakfast: Fiber 1 Shredded Wheat with skim milk (4 pts) and a Sugar Free Rock Star (0 pts)

Lunch: homemade bean burrito (1 pt tortilla, 1/2 cup fat free refried beans, 1 slice FF cheese and taco sauce...3 pts total) and a strawberry shake (1 pt...served in a Jack Daniels tumbler to make it classy) and a brownie (2 pt)
My buddy Marisa used to make these. I hadn't had one in sooo long. Take 1/2 cup almond milk (unsweetened), about 5 strawberries, 1 Tbs. sugar free pudding mix (white chocolate is really yummy) and a handful of ice and blend. I like to add a little sweetener. This is a 1 pt shake.
.
Dinner: Crockpot Basil Chicken (3 pts) over white rice (3 pts), single serve broccoli with cheese sauce (0 pts) and a cup of grapes (1 pt) and a screwdriver (3 pts)
The kids actually cleaned their plates! The chicken was delicious and so tender you could cut it with a spoon. Really. It's a keeper. I love crockpot cooking. :)
.
Let's move on to the weigh in. I actually weighed my pants before I went. One pair of sweats was 13.8 oz and the other was 9.4 oz. I chose the lighter pair, of course.
.
I get to the meeting, take off my shoes, step on the scale and the little bastard says I lost .6 pounds. Yeah, it's a loss and if you were complaining about it on your blog, I'd leave an uplifting comment like "well at least it wasn't a gain!" or "that .6 pounds is gone forever. Be happy!" But I wasn't feeling it right then.
.
Then at the end of the meeting it's time for awards. One lady gets her bookmark for coming back (I love awards for just showing up). I've been there 4 weeks and haven't gotten my bookmark. :`(
.
The cherry on top: a round of applause and a sticker for the same lady because she also lost 5 pounds. Aw, dude! I've lost 5.4 pounds since going back to WW. I want my sticker!
.
I was a wee bit down. I admit it. Then I started to reason with myself: why are you down? Because you didn't get a freakin' sticker? Really? Go to Wal Mart and buy yourself a whole damn roll of stickers, girl. OMG! You're a diva! You're pitching a fit because you didn't get a bookmark and sticker and a pat on the back. That's sick.
.
Let's not forget that we haven't seen sunlight in two weeks in my neck of the woods. That can be bad for your mood. To counteract the lack of mood altering sunlight, Chuck and I took the kids to look at Christmas lights. Is there a national Bah Humbug going on? I have never seen the lack of Christmas lights as I have this year. What's happening, y'all?
.
Ever get in a "f*** it" mood? LOL I try to keep myself from those destructive moods but I wallowed in it like a pig in a mud puddle last night. We went to Center Court Pizza and got pizza rolls and a pepperoni pizza and shared chocolate chip cheesecake. I had 3 cosmopolitans that were quite strong and very delicious. I knew I'd feel bad about it later but I didn't care at the moment. And I'm not really sure why, which is weird. Gosh, I hate being honest sometimes.
.
It was the end of my WW week. The new week starts today (Friday). All of that negativity is gone. The sun is actually out today and the weekend has begun. We don't have a weigh in or meeting for 3 weeks because of how the holidays fall. I'm going to make this time count and come back with a great number. :)
.
Exercise: 45 minutes of weight machines at the Y (+2 activity points)

4 comments:

  1. That basil chicken dish looks so freaking delicious. I have read so many amazing recipes from crock pots lately, I may just have to go buy myself one for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've definitely been there, Kelly, having the diva tantrum! I think it's only normal. We want this to be easy. We want the weight to come off and quickly as it can come on. But, try not to think about the numbers so much. Everything you are doing is a step in the right direction and although, it may take some time to get where you want to be, you'll definitely get there!!!

    Thanks for the shout-out! I miss those shakes - yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!!! You better ask that a lady for your freakin' sticker! You deserve it! It's NOT about the prize! I'm so mad about that for you!

    You could buy your own sticker but that's obviously not the point! It's about the recognition among a group of your peers that you were successful. That's why they hand the stickers and sh*t out during meetings instead of sending them in the mail or something. And, because it makes people want to earn them when they see the positive reaction their peers recieve! (It's all phychological BS- but I swear to god, we all fall for it.)

    No wonder you're not happy about a .6lb loss- it wasn't enough for anyone to notice- so you felt dissatisfied. Do you do beads at your meeting? You totally should!

    I perscribe cosmo's to anybody with a strong case of the f*** it's. Good call!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about the weather...the dreary rainy cold days are enough to make you want to crawl into bed and stay there. I was so happy to see the sun this morning!!! Of course, I noticed all the dog fur on my wood floors, which apparently the gloomy weather helped to hide, lol!

    I agree with the Nanny - you need your bookmark and sticker - you have earned them!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)