Thursday, December 10, 2009

Weigh In Results; Crockpot Cheeseburger Soup (5 pts)

Yes, it's weigh in night. I'm not a fan of weighing in at night but what are you going to do?

Results? Freakin' fantastic! I lost 3.2 pounds! Give me a high five, some one! I'm pretty excited. It's amazing what happens when you stay on plan and exercise (and wear your lightest clothes, shave your legs, cut some of your hair off, etc).

Breakfast: coffee with hazelnut creamer (1 pt) and spinach, egg and cheese wrap (3 pts)
The wrap is a great way to get a veggie in for the day. Just scramble 3 egg whites in the microwave, add some cheese (FF swiss in my case), some taco sauce or salsa, 1 cup of spinach and wrap it up in a 1 pt tortilla. Mmmmmm good and filling.

Took Charlie to the "Y" for PE. While he did his thing, I did my weight routine on the machines (ouch!!) and then did 5 minutes on the elliptical (that thing kicks my butt) and 10 minutes on the treadmill. Earned 3 activity points.
Lunch: leftover Spinach Lasagna (see yesterday's post) (6 pts); 1 garlic bread (1 pt) and slice of pumpkin pie (1 pt)
At the Weight Watcher meeting I had 1 cup of grapes (1 pt) so my tummy wouldn't growl too loud.
At the meeting I got a couple of goodies that I'd never tried before. I like the Red Velvet ones the best.
Snack: 1 Red Velvet bar (1 pt) and 1 Cookies n Cream bar (1 pt) Something new going on at the Weight Watcher meetings. Each week they hand out a new little mini magazine with interviews, tips, Cliff Notes version of the meeting topic and recipes. It's pretty cool! For dinner I made Crockpot Cheeseburger Soup (5 pts)
also had a few Fritos (2 pts)
Slow-Cooker Cheeseburger Soup




Servings: 8

Preparation Time: 15 min

Cooking Time: 120 min

Level of Difficulty: Easy
It’s everyone’s fast-food favorite in a bowl: rich, creamy, gooey and super-satisfying.
Ingredients
2 spray(s) cooking spray
1 medium garlic clove(s), minced
1 medium onion(s), chopped
1 medium stalk(s) celery, chopped
1 pound(s) uncooked lean ground beef (with 7% fat)
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
3 cup(s) canned chicken broth, divided
1 cup(s) low-fat evaporated milk
8 oz Kraft Velveeta Light Reduced-Fat Pasteurized Processed Cheese Product, or similar product, cubed
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp table salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
24 item(s) baked low-fat tortilla chips, crumbled

Instructions

Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat for about 30 seconds. Add garlic, onion and celery to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are tender, about 5 to 10 minutes. Coat a 3-quart or larger slow cooker with cooking spray; spoon in vegetables.

Place same skillet over medium-high heat and brown beef, breaking up meat with a wooden spoon as it cooks, about 5 to 6 minutes; pour off any liquid and add meat to slow cooker.


In a small cup, combine flour and 1/2 cup of broth; stir until lump-free. Pour flour mixture into same skillet; add remaining 2 1/2 cups of broth. Bring to a simmer, scraping up any browned bits in bottom of skillet with a wooden spoon, and then pour into slow cooker; stir in evaporated milk, cheese, paprika, salt and pepper. Cover slow cooker and cook on low setting for 2 hours. Serve soup topped with crumbled chips. Yields about 3/4 cup of soup and 3 tablespoons of chips per serving.

Notes
If the soup cooks too long, the cheese could separate. If that happens, combine 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour and 1/4 cup of soup in a cup; stir to a paste. Stir flour mixture back into soup in slow cooker; cover and cook on low setting for 10 to 15 minutes (does not affect POINTS values).



You gotta try this stuff. Even the kids cleaned their bowls and then came back for more. It's rich, though. And you only get 3/4 cup serving for 5 points. But they are tasty points. It's easy and SO good.
Snack: 1 cup of cherries (1 pt) and popcorn (1 pt)
You'll notice that there are no candy corn points today. LOL I tossed them so those little sugar devils wouldn't tempt me. HA!
All is right with the world tonight. I lost weight and it's my favorite time of the day to chill. :)
What's your favorite time of the day? Morning? Night?

12 comments:

  1. My goodness....

    You are so beautiful.

    Congrats on the 3.2....
    more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HUGE High Five from me :) Look at you working your bootie off! Holy Crap 3.2 lbs is amazing!

    How are the Red Velvet Bars? I've been thinking about ordering some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You post a picture of Jabba the Hut and Chuck's response is "You are so beautiful"? Something ain't right there...

    BIG TIME HIGH FIVE on the stellar weigh-in, sister. That is how we rock that scale. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. High Five!!! Good going, Kelly - way to rock that evening weigh-in!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on the loss! those new WW treats look interesting. glad your doing well

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. High five!!!! Way to knock it out, Kelly!

    Jabba is soooo cute ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yea, Gurl! Get 'er done!!! 3lbs! Great job! My first week of WW is coming to a close and my weigh in is tomorrow morning! (eek!) I've stuck to the plan...but who LIKES standing on a scale?! Anyway- you've inspired me for the day and I can't wait to try some of the AWESOME yummy looking recipes you've posted! Thanks so much for sharing!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here are four high Fives for the weight loss. I rounded up ans I could figure how to do half of a high five.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! 3.2! You should be happy. That's fantastic. Yeah, it's funny what happens when you follow the plan. I always think that too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job, you are right back in the swing of things!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Way to go, Kelly! Awesome loss!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)