Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Working out with the Torture Device

I LOVE you, Internet. You keep me away from the shopping craze going on at all of the stores. I can go shopping in my PJ's and not end up on People of Wal Mart. (you've seen that site, right?)


I've gotten a lot of my shopping done for the kids but I still have a few more things to get but it will have to wait until next payday. I've spent my limit for now. How is your Christmas shopping going?



Also, I'm trying to plan my Christmas dinner so that it is Weight Watcher friendly but still terrific. I haven't decided if we are going to have ham or turkey yet. We always have macaroni and cheese. And Chuck has a tradition of getting a breakfast called Christmas Morning Quiche. It makes two and it uses 1 lb. of bulk sausage, eggs, sour cream and swiss cheese. It's pretty sinful but he loves it so much. I'll probably make something else for myself. Maybe I could try to just make it healthier this year! :)


Anyway, the recipe is from one of those cookbooks where every single recipe has turned out delicious. It's called Homecoming. Do you have a favorite cookbook where all of the recipes are good?

Breakfast: bagel & cream cheese (3 pts)

Exercise: "20 minutes" on the Bowflex. You've heard the commercial, right? "20 minutes a day, 3 days a week and you can have a Bowflex body in only 6 weeks." It takes me 20 minutes to just manipulate the equipment to get set up for the next exercise. I guess there is a learning curve. Right now I'm ready to forget the Bowflex and just pick up some free weights. But I also feel that since I spent the money to get the torture device I should actually use it. I'll give it 6 weeks. I do want that Bowflex body, after all. ;-)

Afterwards I got a call from Chuck's aunt. She was in town along with Chuck's cousin and coming to stop by. So I dropped what I was doing and quickly changed bird cages (I was planning on doing it today anyway but this was a good kick in the rear to get me going). I had forgotten to eat lunch so I grabbed a couple of slices of pizza (8 pts?)that the kids had baked.


It was so good to see them. I swear it seems like it has been forever since the last time they were over.

Dinner: I made us all some Taco Soup with 2% cheese, baked corn chips, FF sour cream and ground turkey breast. (7 pts? I had a big bowl)

Dessert: a couple of pieces of candy corn (2 pts?)

I live near Houston. Did you know we might get SNOW (!) on Friday? I guess hell hath frozen over.

Time to go watch Ghost Hunters. :)

4 comments:

  1. A co-worker of mine just passed me that link yesterday - the people of walmart. Some of those outfits I wouldn't wear during halloween nevermind out in the public. What a view!

    I too love the home coming cookbooks as well as any of the clean eating ones.

    AND I have a bowflex as well. Used it for quite some time, the changed over to the SelectTechs as free weight workouts. I go back and forth. Haven't managed to make it the "Bowflex body" yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Screw healthy, make the quiche!

    Snow? Sweet! Maybe you can make a snow jackalope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you make your taco soup?

    ReplyDelete
  4. dynagrrl, check out my recipe here: http://thehappytexancooks.blogspot.com/2009/07/soups.html

    It's REALLY good. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)