Monday, January 4, 2010

Bootcamp?

Yes, I said Bootcamp. I picked up The Spark book from Amazon and it has been a very motivational read. Have you heard of SparkPeople.com? It's a web site devoted to encouraging folks to get healthy. The difference I've noticed about SparkPeople is that it is more motivational than most other diet web sites out there. There is even a Spark Teen site devoted to helping teens. Rachel joined that today and she even worked out today!

Sunday started a Bootcamp on SparkPeople that lasts until January 31st. Each day you are given a 10 minute workout video to complete and an extra challenge. Today's challenge was to eat 3 servings of fruit. We also have to complete 30 minutes of cardio 5 days per week.

I'm pumped. I'm ready to kick my weight loss into high gear and shed some serious booty. Maybe I should call it Booty Camp.

Today I had to use a stability ball on a wall and use it to do leg work (squats, lunges, etc). It was difficult but not impossible, especially since it was only 10 minutes! Then I did 30 minutes on the treadmill.

I didn't track my food today like I should have but I would be willing to bet that I was totally on plan. For dinner I made Taco Soup which is a delicious staple around here.

So how are you doing with your "Get Healthy" goals? Come on, share with the group. I have Chuck committed to being my workout buddy. I'm VERY happy to see Rachel getting in to the exercise groove.

5 comments:

  1. i LOVE spark people i really need to spend more time on there but i don't did not know about the boot camp but here i go....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Booty camp sounds like a lot of fun. ;-) Go for it and kick booty!
    Path to Health

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooove The Spark.

    I was a cynic---but after reading I see why people love.that.place.so.


    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Booty camp! hehe! Love it! I'm off to go discover the spark for myself. Thanks for the resource! Keep up the GREAT work!

    PS: I couldn't get your banner to load. Might just be me, but thought you'd want to know.:-D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)