Thursday, January 28, 2010

Couch 2 5K Progress

Wednesday I was a lot like I was Tuesday. Sore! But it wasn't as bad. I did have a headache most of the day that progressed to a pretty severe level by the time I went to bed. I'm guessing it's a hormonal headache. I took an Advil PM and slept it off though. :)


Did my Bootcamp abs video which was actually very easy this time! Yeah, for progress!! There was also a bonus back extension video. Feel the burn, baby!

Time for Couch 2 5k (also known as C25K). I did week 2 for a little longer than a week because I wasn't ready to progress yet. Wednesday was Week 2 Day 3. Last day. You know what? It was actually a little easier. I didn't feel like giving up and a few times the little 90 second run session seemed to go by quickly. One day I will run all over that mile then go back for more. Can't wait!!!

I'm a little intimidated by week 3. Walk 5 minutes, jog 90 seconds, walk 90 seconds, jog 3 minutes, walk 3 minutes. Repeat but without the warmup. I can do it!

Chuck got home early and wanted to go to the range to practice shooting. I rode along to keep him company. :) By the time we left we were both hungry and neither wanted to cook (he was going to cook burgers) so we went out to Red Robin.

Now Red Robin is not exactly a friend to folks trying to lose weight. But they do have their nutritional info online and you can edit their stuff and see how it changes the nutritional values. A great tool! I find I do better if I view menus online before going out and decide what I'm going to have before I even leave the house. If I wait until I get to the restaurant I'm tempted by other things.

Made up my mind and went out. I stuck to what I had decided and got the fish sandwich (no tomatoes with tartar sauce on the side), a side salad (no tomatoes with balsamic vinaigrette on the side) and some apple slices. 784 calories. (sorry the pic didn't turn out...it's from hubby's cell phone)
Then we walked to Swirll for dessert. Yum!!!! Even better: Guilt-Free Yum!!!
I had the mango fro-yo with some chopped mangoes, a few blueberries and a couple of palm seeds. I'd never tried palm seeds before but they were very good! They're clear, kidney bean shaped and are kind of gummy and sweet. Very unique. One of my goals is to try something new every month. I think trying palm seeds counts. Well, that and zumba. So I exceeded my goals!! :)
Nutritional info: only 25 calories per ounce and so good. I love this place!

My headache was pretty bad by the time I got home so I was a vegetable the rest of the evening.
.
Not sure I'm going to weigh in on Thursday. Hormonal issues are going to make the scale say ugly things to me so I might just wait on the weight.
.
Calories Burned: 2433
Calorie Intake: 1421
Deficit: -1012
.
**Cream of Wheat is giving away free samples! You can even choose your flavor! I'm getting healthy grain maple brown sugar!**

5 comments:

  1. How's the headache today?

    You are doing great on the C25K - I'm impressed by your complete exercise mojo...you make me want to get up and MOVE when I read your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone's having a headache today!
    Pinkie*jinx & Advil twins - that's us.
    Get well soon, sistah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bummer on the headache...hope its better today!

    Kudos to you for looking up your food & sticking with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing the cream of wheat offer. I've never had it before, but I requested the same sample as you.

    I'm on week 3 of the C25k also! It was difficult at first, but it's getting better. I'm going to stay on it for a while though because it hasn't become EASY for me yet! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, you did pretty good with Red Robin, pain and all.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)