Saturday, January 16, 2010

Creamy Cheese Soup (6 pts); Crockpot Pulled Pork (3 pts); Broccoli Crunch (1 pt)

Yesterday I got in my Just Dance for Wii. OMG! This game is a freakin' blast. I love it! You just need your regular Wii controllers. Up to 4 people can play together. You can't helped but laugh when you are doing these dances. It's a lot of fun and it's a great cardio workout. I was sweating and breathing heavy.

After about an hour I had burned 665 calories. I'd rather burn my calories using this than an exercise DVD! Loads of fun. Really. I'll have to post a picture of us doing this. I had to force the kids to do it with me but I think they enjoyed it too. They were self conscious about dancing. :)




The healthy life is going great. I've been tracking everything and watching my calorie burn. I've been faithful to the SparkPeople BootCamp and have completed all workouts plus the bonus challenges plus the cardio.

I've also started the Couch25K program. I'm on Week 1 Day 2 right now. It's tough for me. I don't think I'm a natural runner but I really want to be able to run a 5k. I keep having dreams that I run a mile without breathing hard or struggling. I know I'll get there eventually.

I have some YUMMY recipes for you! The Crockpot Pulled Pork is my favorite. Oh it's so good. It really tastes like it should be high calorie and high points but it's not!

Creamy Cheese Soup (6 pts; 272 calories) It may seem a little high in points but you get a HUGE serving: 1 1/2 cups. It's very filling and good. I served it with some crackers and a salad. Follow the link if you'd like the recipe.



Crockpot Pulled Pork (3 pts; 219 calories) The calorie/point count does not include the bun. It's just for a 3 oz serving of pork. That's it.

This stuff is so incredible. Do yourself a favor and make this! It would be heavenly on a baked potato. It makes a lot but you can freeze half of it. Incredible flavor. It really doesn't taste low point! My favorite BBQ sauce to use for this is Cattlemen's Steakhouse BBQ Sauce. That's what I used to figure out the calories/points. Cattlemen's is 60 calories per Tbs. If you use something else you will need to take that into account. Follow the link above for the recipe.


Broccoli Crunch Casserole (1 pt; 103.7 calories)

This is a lot like a broccoli cheese casserole but light on the cheese. It's very good and looks pretty plus you get a large serving. This recipe makes 8 servings. Whatever size casserole dish you use, just divide it into eighths. I think it tastes best with a little more salt. A very good, easy side dish to make. Follow the link above for the recipe.


I've been good about NOT weighing in. I want to wait until the end of the BootCamp because the scale can be such a downer. I did sneak a peak though. It was early. I had just woken up so my eyes weren't working right just yet and I don't have a digital scale. I could see that there was a loss though!

Yesterday I burned 3292 calories and only consumed 1302 calories! That's a deficit of 1990 calories. If science is correct, that means I lost over half a pound yesterday. :) Very happy about that.

Here's a list of the calorie deficits for the week thus far:

Monday: 982
Tuesday: 1169
Wednesday: 908
Thursday: 901
Friday: 1990

TOTAL: 5950
That equals 1.7 pounds. :)

Hope you have a wonderful weekend. I think we're going to go bowling since the weather is so nasty and we can't go for a hike.

FYI: Leslie Sansone's Walk At Home-Walk Your Belly Flat (2009) is on sale at Amazon for only $7.99!

5 comments:

  1. YUM all those foods look so good! Glad to hear you liked your Just Dance. I got mine too, but haven't been home long enough to try it yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet another reason I should get a Wii. And a crockpot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds very good. I know you are going to move that nasty scale to a lower number this week. I have faith in you. Will be ready for good news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow kelly...I want to try ALL of those recipes!!! They all look SO good...thanks for sharing!!

    Oh and you really make me want to get a Wii!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)