Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Feeling Meh

"I'm not sick but I'm not well." Lyrics by Lit. That pretty much describes how I'm feeling today. I'm not exactly sick but I just don't feel so great. Hard to explain. It makes it where I don't want to do anything but sit around but I have so much to do. Enough complaining. :)

I've been a little obsessed with these breakfast sammies lately. Take 1/4 cup egg substitute, 1 Laughing Cow cheese wedge and 1 Tbs of bacon bits (25 cals per Tbs) and put in bowl. Microwave for about a minute and put on 100 calorie english muffin. SO good and so filling! And it's done in less than 5 minutes.

A couple of weeks I got eyelash extensions done at Ulta. The chick took 5 hours to put them on and they just weren't as full as they should have been. Yesterday I went to a different place and had her fix them up pretty and she only charged me $30! No mascara and I have beautiful full lashes. I LOVE them. :)

Each day I want to do something for me. I'm bad about taking care of myself. I wear the same thing day in and day out. Doing something for me doesn't have to be anything major. It can be something as simple as shaving my legs or putting on eye wrinkle eraser or something like that. Even whitening my teeth or trimming my toenails!

Yesterday I had my eyelashes done. Today I am whitening my teeth (actually doing it while I type this entry) This is besides doing the bootcamp at SparkPeople.com which is the biggest thing I could do for myself!

Bootcamp is going great. I haven't missed a single day. Today I really don't feel like doing the cardio but I am going to do it anyway. I know I would be disappointed in myself if I didn't do it.

I've been staying on plan and watching what I eat. I've also started wearing my Bodybugg again and monitoring calories burned. And tomorrow I am starting the Couch 2 5K program because I want to run with my buddy over at My Journey to Fit.

That's about it for today. Sorry but I'm just not feeling the blogger vibes right now. I'm going to bed early and getting rest. Hopefully I'll feel back to the same old me tomorrow.

Stay tuned for a fun little article about the benfits of sex for your health and don't forget to enter the Shake Weight giveaway posted below. Winner announced this Friday!

7 comments:

  1. You've inspired me to do something for myself. Tomorrow, I'm getting my elbows shined!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those lashes, I totally want some. The something for yourself thing is a great idea, I think I may follow your lead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous of the lashes. I didn't even know they could DO that!

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your eyelashes look amazing, and I can't believe you aren't wearing mascara! Glad you are doing something for yourself everyday - with kids at home, it's important to take care of YOU, too!

    I am so happy that you are going to do the dash with me!!! Fun times will ensure, for sure. And then we get to go out and eat afterward, right?

    btw, you can still call it "forty-somethings blah blah" (I'm a little confused myself as to what my blog name is!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling better tomorrow.

    We are going shopping in Branson MO for shoes tomorrow at the Outlet Malls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I didn't enter the contest because I won the last one. We had the last of the brownies this weekend and loved them. The original was our favorite. Thank you, again!

    I have days like you're having. I love that you're doing something for yourself every day. I look at exercise as my "me" time and I've never been one that really wanted me time.

    Tomorrow I'm going to pain my toe nails in the spirit of what you're doing.

    Your eyelashes are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the fact that you're doing something for yourself everyday. Makes you feel so much better! Great job on keeping up w/ the bootcamp! You rock!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)