Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Food Logs and Sore Butt and Free Diets, Oh My!

Holy freakin cow! Did you watch the Biggest Loser tonight? Some of those guys would still be overweight if they lost 200 pounds. It's really heartbreaking. I'm going to share something with you. I'm a little messed up in the head but I love the first workout when everyone starts throwing up from the workout. For some twisted reason it always cracks me up. I know!!! It's terrible. Shame on me! LOL

OK. Let's get down to the food log because I know you are all dying to know just what I ate today. Write this down:

Breakfast: scrambled Egg Beaters in the microwave with some Laughing Cow Cheese on top of a light multigrain English muffin; big glass of water with Crystal Light water flavoring (not that the flavoring tasted like water but you use the packet to flavor your water). For fun I kept track of calories. 174 calories

Lunch: leftover Taco Soup (3 pts) with 1 Tbs FF sour cream, a few crushed corn chips, 1 Tbs FF cheese Calories: 242

Snack: No Pudge Brownie (2 pts); 3 soft peppermints; Crystal Light Water flavoring packet Calories: 160

Dinner: Crockpot Cheeseburgers (YUM!) with some pickles on sugar free wheat bun; baked french fries Calories: 433
(the pictures are from a previous time I made these)
For the recipe click the link above and scroll way down.
From The Happy Texan Cooks




Dessert: Skinny Cow Mint Ice Cream Sandwich Calories: 140

Snack: popcorn Calories: 100

Today is Day 3 of Booty Camp. Today we had to work out our arms while sitting (and sometimes laying) on a stability ball. Then for a challenge we had to do push ups against a wall with our hands placed in a way that our fingers made a triangle. THEN we had to do 30 minutes of cardio. YES, I did them all. :) High five, people.

My ass is absolutely killing me from yesterday's workout where we had to roll a ball up and down a wall with our backs. I didn't know my butt was out of shape! Good grief, the thing is huge. I had always assumed it was just muscle. Denial. It's not pretty. The butteus maximus muscles were killing me on the treadmill today. God, I hate walking on the treadmill. Could time go any slower on that thing? I think no.

I know you want to do the Boot Camp with me. I know you do. So head over to Spark People and look me up: DASSCHUS. The web site is FREE and very motivational. The dude who started this web site put his own money into it (in the millions) because he wanted to help people. Isn't that something? And through this site people learn how to accomplish goals, regain confidence and lose weight.

Chuck has been my work out buddy through this Booty Camp. He did not register for it but he is doing all of the workouts with me. Well, I can't say he is doing all of them. He didn't do the exercise on Sunday and he didn't do the cardio today. That's right, Chucky. I'm telling. My buddy needs to step it up a notch. :)

Tomorrow: more exercise

11 comments:

  1. I can't believe you ratted me out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you friended me on sparkpeople! I love it over there.

    Congrats on the boot camp workout...I ran this morning (after 2 week break) and both my hip joints are dying tonight

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oy, the butt pain! lol I didn't realize how out of shape I got (or how quickly!) until my first day back at work yesterday after being off over Christmas: by the time I got home, my legs were KILLING me just from going up and down the stairs (repeatedly, to be fair, but still).

    I hope your butt feels better soon. Hee hee! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was trying to think about what to say in my comment...then I realized the whole post was about food and your ass. Which, I don't mind telling you, I enjoy reading about.LOL But I'm really not sure what to say. So...Keep up the good work~!Haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. That recipe for crock pot cheese burgers looks really good. I'll have to try it out sometime. Great job on the workouts! Running on the treadmill is getting old for me too, can't wait for spring time to get here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you kick bootcamps bootie lady!

    Dinner looks YUMMMO!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good work kicking booty camp's ass! Glad you have a workout partner (even if he is a slacker;) ) - I think it really helps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I might have to check out SparkPeople and that book! Sounds great! Also, don't worry, my butt's out of shape too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still want to try the crock pot cheeseburger.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the Spark hint. will check it out; may not be what and old lady needs. But a few new ideas always are useful for jumpstarting a stale diet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, congrats on surviving multiple days of boot camp! Very impressive. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)