Thursday, January 21, 2010

I DID it! 30% to Goal!!

I literally have dreams of being able to run a mile without being out of breath or collapsing. In my dreams, it is effortless. It's as easy as if I am taking a leisurely stroll.

Then I wake up. Reality is quite different.

Today I was reading so many posts about people running and how far they go and how good they feel. I want it so badly. I know that I will get there but sometimes I don't see the progress. That is until I think back to when I was 250. It hurt to just live. It hurt to walk to the end of the block. We would try to go on family walks at the state park but have to cut it short because my back would hurt. I'm not that person any more.

But after reading those posts about others running I got up, laced up the shoes, warmed up and ran (jogged) for .3 mile. At first I was disappointed that that was all I could do. But today's bonus challenge on SparkPeople BootCamp is NO NEGATIVE TALK. SO I changed it to: Yeah! I just reached 30% of my goal to run a mile!!!!! And I felt so much better. It's amazing how we talk to ourselves changes our attitudes to positive or negative.

I'm really happy to have ran that distance. Maybe in a couple of weeks I'll be at 50% of my goal. Each little bit is a "step" in the right direction. :)

Thanks for celebrating my victory with me. I look forward to making my dream a reality. It'll happen this year. It will.

9 comments:

  1. Woo hoo!
    Good job, hon! Can't wait to watch you run the 5k.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH! So glad your doing well and you'll be there in no time. I know how you feel, but when you finish that first run, you will be so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, congrats!

    Becoming a runner is one of the hardest (but most rewarding!) things I've ever done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly!!! Congrats! I too, want to start running a little this year. My goal is to run SOME of the Susan Komen race in June, but I need to get myself in gear and start training! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Go girl! Totally awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. kelly that's a huge accomplishment!! you will build up endurance quicker than you think!! stick with it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job Kelly. I enjoy reading your blog. It took me almost 4 months to run my first full mile. Now I've run two 1/2 marathons. Never give up and celebrate each step you take. You can do it! You will be so amazed.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)