It made my day today to get a couple of awards from my blogger friends (maybe Froggers for short? Friends+ Bloggers=Froggers). You know how this works. I'm supposed to follow the rules and then pass the award to another blogger. Do you know how many of you have inspired me and given me great tips? LOTS! Look how many blogs are on the honor blog roll on the right of the screen. Yeah, it's a lot.
So instead of following the rules (because I'm really a rebel at heart anyway), I'm giving these awards to all who come here and comment and wish me well and celebrate my victories and encourage me when I'm down. YOU know who you are!
I will be hurt and offended if you don't take these awards and display them proudly on your blog. I MEAN THAT! Do it! Pass the blogger love around. Then let me know so I can read your post. OK? Don't make me come over there! I will! ;-)
I received this beautiful award from the beautiful and amazing Darci at My Road to Weight Loss. I read her blog for about a month before I finally got off my rear and started this journey. She and Marisa at Loser for Life were both very important in getting my rear off the couch. I owe a lot to them. Hugs to you, Darci!!! Thanks for the award.
The rules are that I need to tell you all 7 things you may not know about me, then pass on the award to 7 more beautiful bloggers. (You already know that I've passed this award to YOU if you are reading this!)
1. I have an auto mechanics degree with honors. I was tired of mechanics taking advantage of me and trying to charge me too much. Not any more!
2. I've been married to Chuck for 19 years. Oct. 27th will be 20 years.
3. I'm a terrible housekeeper.
4. I got bit by a copperhead when I was 9 and almost had to have my hand cut off.
5. I've had two C-sections and can't have any more kids. Blessing or curse?
6. I homeschool my 9 year old son and 14 year old daughter.
7. I'm terrified of heights.
8. I plan on taking a pole dancing class when I lose a little more weight.
9. I grew up in the country with horses and a pond and woods and all kinds of creatures.
10. I used to have over 100 chickens when I was kid. They were all named and I would give them parties and put up a Christmas tree for them with gifts.
Your turn! I went over 7 didn't I? Oh well. Let's read your list! Post it and let me know. K?
And thanks to my buddy Anne and fellow Texan at CarbTripper for this "sweet" award. It looked so good that I almost licked the screen when I saw it. Pink icing?! Who can resist?! I love Anne's blog. I really do. Go check it out for yourself.
1. Copy the image and display it on your blog.
2. List 10 things that make you happy.
3. Try to do at least one of them today.
4. Pass on the award to 10 (+/-) bloggers who brighten your day.
Are you reading this? Then please accept this award from me. I'm not joking. If you are here, then you're my buddy and I want you to take this award and smack it on your blog for all to see. K?
Happy Texan List:
1. My husband, Chuck. Really, he's just a fantastic guy.
2. My kids. They keep me young at heart and I love them so much.
3. Hiking. Being in the woods recharges my batteries.
4. Watching the scale drop. From a 10 story building.
5. Bloggers. I get laughs, inspiration, motivation and great tips from you guys.
6. Camping. I love my hotel in the woods.
7. Canoeing. It's kind of creepy scary fun. Something about being in murky water where you can't see the bottom. But I love it!
8. The Texas Hill Country. I feel like that was where I was meant to be. So pretty.
9. Reading. I have a thing for books.
10. Margaritas. Period.
Thanks for the awards, guys. I hope to see some people posting these on their blogs. Come on, it would make me happy. :)
The Stats for the week Monday-Sunday: (does not include Saturday because I had a "cheat" meal that I didn't track)
Total Calories Burned: 15662
Calorie Intake: 7856
I did all of my Bootcamp exercises plus the bonus challenges; did all of my cardio plus started the C25K program; burned off a LOT of calories with Just Dance for Wii.
Saw a 3.5 pound loss. I feel happier and very motivated. It was a good week. :)
I'm giving away The Spark book. Just see the post below for details.