Thursday, January 14, 2010

New Goal

Things have been going great with the Bootcamp workouts. Wednesday I started my training for the 5k in March that I plan to run with Shelley. Hi, Shelley! I figure I'll be on week 7 of the 9 week Couch 2 5k prgoram by then so I should be ok.

I am NOT going to weigh myself until the end of the Bootcamp. The scale just depresses me anyway. I can tell you that I feel a lot better! Thursday is my normal weigh in day and I'm having a tough time staying away from that scale for a sneak peak.

It's probably better that I don't peak. Today I went into a dressing room to try on some clothes. It didn't go well. I feel like I need a hug after that experience. It was quite traumatic for me. Hello?! Dressing room designers: please make the lighting friendlier. I swear those rooms were designed by the devil.

New Goal: make the dressing room my friend.

Glad I got that off my chest. It was bothering me.

Last night I made a really good and easy dinner. Took some Pilgrim's Pride grilled chicken and put it on top of some brown rice that I mixed with Laughing Cow cheese and spinach. Also topped the chicken with some Country Bob's All Purpose Sauce. SO good! I also found some fresh veggies in a beg at Kroger int he produce section. All you have to do is toss the bag in the microwave! I added some spray butter and some garlic powder. Added a slice of bread because I just wanted some. :)
Wednesday:
Calories Burned: 2358
Calorie intake: 1450

Deficit of 908.

Why is it soooo easy to gain weight but soooo difficult to lose it? *sigh* Oh well. We're worth the effort. :)

PS: Don't forget about entering the Shake Weight Giveaway. I'll announce a winner tomorrow, Friday Jan. 15, 2010.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Kelly! I totally feel the same way right now...but if we stick it the results will come and you won't be able to get us out of the dressing room! We're going to love shopping for clothes for our smaller bods!!!! :p

    And how exciting that you're going to run a 5K...I haven't even started to think about the races I want to run this year...need to get on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with your workouts!! I'm proud of you. About the dressing room....I SO feel you there. I could cry after going to try on clothes sometimes. ONE DAY I'll be able to smile when looking in the mirror when clothes shopping! You'll get there too girlie! The rice you made looks great. I love LC cheese!!! I put it in and on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm sending you cyber hugs! I hate trying on clothes. The rooms are so small and I end up sweatin' like a pig :)

    That's so cool that you and Shelley are doing a 5k!!

    Thank you for your comment yesterday. You are so right. It's all about making choices.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)