Thursday, January 21, 2010

Weigh In Results...check it out!

This morning I was actually looking forward to facing the scale. I knew I had been keeping my calorie intake within the guidelines and I had burned a LOT of calories.

The scale said:

-3.1 Pounds!!

Excited is an understatement. I'm so happy to see things moving in the right direction. In 11 more pounds I'll be back to where I derailed last summer.

Did my SP BootCamp video twice since it was only 5 minutes long. It worked the abs which is my weakest area.

Did my C25K Week2Day1 run. I tell ya, I felt like I was going to die. Does this get any easier? I really want to be able to run but right now it is so difficult. I'm not going to give up but it is frustrating sometimes. I don't feel that I am any closer to running 1 mile. I'm sure I'll get there in time. I just want it NOW! :) I also want to be able to cross the finish line for my March 5k. It seems pretty daunting.

I also danced for an hour to Just Dance. I love that game. I cna't help but laugh and smile while doing those goofy moves. I have no rhythm which makes it even funnier. But it's fun and I burn calories.

Rachel made up a batch of No Pudge Brownies. LOOK! I found them in raspberry flavor. Oh yeah. They're good. Reeeeeaaaaal good. For dinner I made a recipe from the Jan/Feb 2010 issue of Cooking Light: Rosti Casserole with Baked Eggs. With 5 oz of Gruyere cheese it's absolutely delicious. Even my potato hating son ate all of his. Loved it. After dinner we went out to Swirll fat free frozen yogurt. It's all self serve. You get a cup and fill it up as much as you want with whatever flavored yogurt you want. It's all soft serve. Then you add whatever toppings you want from the topping bar and then they weigh it and charge you based on weight. The kids love going here. I chose snickerdoodle flavor then added kiwi and strawberry. YUM! And it was only 28 calories per ounce. I got 4 oz. Don't know what the deal is but I was starving yesterday. I stayed within my calorie intake guidelines but I felt like a bottomless pit. I was also exhausted from the run. So instead of being tempted by leftover rosti casserole I just went to bed. :)

Calorie Burn (including BMR): 2930

Calorie Intake: 1318

Calorie Deficit: -1612

Reminder: The Spark book giveaway is tomorrow!

http://happytexans.blogspot.com/2010/01/spark-book-giveaway.html



8 comments:

  1. Great, just great. Chuck stole the "Awesome week, hon!" comment I was gonna leave. Way to step on my toes, Chuck...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, Jack.
    I tend to have big feet sometimes.

    And you know what they say about guys with big feet....

    They say, "Damn! You have some big shoes!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Men ;)

    Congrats on that fantastical loss!!! You are kickin' BOO-TAY!

    The running does get easier. Although, I just came in from a 2 miler that I wasn't feeling AT ALL! But, some days are like that. You're either really into it or you're not. At least for me!

    I have no doubt you'll be ready for March 5th!

    Yum to that casserole!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the great loss!!! I bet your running will get easier pretty soon...it's a lot to start with, but you'll hit your stride (lol) quickly. And crossing that finish line is my goal as well!

    We have a similar frozen yogurt place in town that I love but although it's mostly non-fat, their calorie counts are around 90 - 100 per ounce! I want your place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo on the weight loss!!!

    I've never seen no pudge brownies! I'm sure they are delish!

    And you are making me quite hungry w/ that frozen yogurt!! that places sounds super fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the big loss!! That's awesome!

    For me, since I am doing each week of the C25K, the training sessions got easier towards the middle/end of the 6 training sessions that I did for each "week" (if that makes any sense! I think youre going to do great, just keep at it lady!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)