Friday, January 22, 2010

Winner of The Spark!

And the winner of The Spark is......
whose comment was "My goal is to develop healthy habits and a healthy lifestyle so that my husband and I can have children and they'll learn to live healthfully too!"
.
Congratulations! I hope you find the book as motivating as I did. Email me with your address and I'll get the book out to you: das.schus@sbcglobal.net
.
.
Thursday I worked out my lower half with floor exercises. I'm ever-so-slightly stronger than when I began BootCamp. It's just going to take time to get to where I want to be. I have a mental picture of a strong chick who isn't afraid of anything. I picture her hiking through Palo Duro Canyon in Texas. I see her taking self defense classes. She's the girl version of Jack Bauer except she doesn't have her ass handed to her each week.
.
Started my day off with a SF Rock Star (my poison, literally) and a leftover piece of the Rosti Casserole which was awesome!
.
Charlie had PE today so I took him to the Y. While he was doing his thing I made out my grocery list.
.
Got home then had lunch: homemade tomato soup and a grilled cheese with ham, dijonnaise, and some WW mozzarella cheese. Yum!
.
After lunch is when I decided to run and see how far I would go. Mentally I had prepared myself for 1/4th a mile. I wanted to do a half but I was being realistic. I did .3 of a mile! 30% to my goal of running a mile. I can't tell you how excited I'll be to finally reach that mile.
.
After running my nose went crazy. I was sneezing and my nose wouldn't stop running. Well it carried on into the evening and I was feeling kind of bleck. I don't know what happened! Allergies? Getting a cold? No clue but it started as soon as I finished running. Exercise is bad for you! LOL
.
Chuck was really sweet. He told me not to worry about going to the grocery store; he would take us out to eat. So we went out for Chinese!
.
I tried something called Amazing Chicken. It's all white meat chicken sauteed with a ton of veggies (bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, red & green bell peppers, snow peas, etc) in a spicy sauce. I had about half of it over about a cup of brown rice and also a cup of egg drop soup.
.
They don't have the nutritional value so I found some other calorie counts for Chinese dishes online and used whatever sounded closest to my dish but used the highest calorie count. Same thing with the egg drop. I've read it's low in calories but on SP it showed it being higher. I went with the higher count just to be safe.
.
After dinner we got our fortune cookies. I LOVED my fortune.
So true. :)
.
I didn't have a big calorie burn and I ate at the high end of my calorie intake goal. But it's ok. I still had a deficit. I just wasn't feeling that great as the evening wore on. I'm hoping Friday is better but I did wake up still sniffling.
.
Hope you all have a wonderful Friday!!! I'll be having another giveaway soon just because I like it.
.
Calories Burned: 2343
Calorie Intake: 1584
Calorie Deficit: -759

8 comments:

  1. That is a great fortune! You are doing so well with your running that I know you'll be matching me stride-for-stride in March!

    BTW, I woke up today with my head stuffed and nose running...can anything possibly be blooming in January? I hope it's just allergies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best. fortune. ever. :)

    Yay for Chuck to the rescue! He's the man!

    Doin' great, Kelly!! ROCK ON!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mae Flowers? I'm just not sure that's her real name...

    Great fortune! Didn't you make me do some kooky fortune cookie fortunes way back when?

    ReplyDelete
  4. once again kelly, congrats on running 1/3 mile!! keep at it!!

    and i LOVE your fortune!!

    HAPPY FRIDAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to the winner of the giveaway!

    And congrats Kelly on the 1/3 of a mile. It gets easier! Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so exited to have won! Thanks so much for having the giveaway.

    I've been feeling much the same lately. I'm not sure if it's allergies, exercise induced or asthma issues? It's annoying though and I feel for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you get to feeling better soon. seems this virus and bacteria are hanging on too long, but it probably our impatience with them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rock Star - my Monster whipped me today,
    and I thought of you.
    I guess I'm "too old" to party like a rock star.
    Ask anybody! They'll agree!
    No really - ask 'em!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)