Tuesday, February 16, 2010

C25K Progress Report

Good morning, blogger friends. Thanks for tuning in to Monday's report.

The day started slow for the Happy Texan. For some unknown reason I was tired the entire day. Not just sleepy but oh-my-god-I-think-I-put-Nyquil-in-my-water-bottle tired. I just couldn't get going. By 1:30 I could hardly keep my eyes open so I gave in and took a nap for 30 minutes.

Did I wake up refreshed? Meh, not exactly but I was awake. Then I started reasoning with myself how I could get out of exercising. "If you skip today you can still get plenty of exercise in on Tuesday and Thursday. And the hotel in San Antonio has a fitness room."

Then I gave myself some tough love and said "Just do it! You don't have to feel like it and you don't have to want to do it but you DO have to do it." I got my shoes on and hit the treadmill. With a bat. No, not really but it needed a good beating. Every few minutes the pin that holds the handles in place would slip out and one bar would fall down and I'd have to catch it while trying to run. This is one of those "cross trainer" treadmills where you can move the handles back and forth while walking. It's a fine machine for walking but not for running.

Today's run/walk combo was Day 3 of Week 4 of Couch 2 5K. I did a 5 minute walk, then jog 3 minutes, walk 90 seconds, jog 5 minutes, walk 3 minutes, jog 3 minutes, walk 90 seconds, jog 5 minutes then walk for 5 minutes.

This was actually more difficult than the first 2 days for me. Guess it was because I was so sleepy. But I am VERY proud to say that I have completed week 4 of C25k! Woohoo!!!!! On to week 5 with its scary 20 minute run. Yikes.

Foodwise I did great. I stayed at the low end of my calorie target because I just wasn't that hungry. I did pick up the ever-so-healthy Taco Hell Bell last night. I looked up the calories of the menu items before I ordered so I could stay within my calorie range.

Calories Burned: 2151
Calorie Intake: 1275
Deficit: -906

Yay! Finally burned off my Valentine's Day dinner!

9 comments:

  1. That is determination, Kelly. Fantastic job. I love the phrase "Just do it."

    Congrats on your Cto5K progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! "Just do it"!
    I just found your blog from a comment you left on Stephs blog "365 Days with the 330 Pound Woman".. I just love her!
    Anyways, I am loving your blog and your determination!
    I am also on sparkpeople and LOVE that site!
    I am originally from Amarillo-area, Texas and the name of your blog caught my eye... Keep up the good work!

    Kelly
    www.anewmejourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you are doing great with the couch to 5K program. I am realizing that running is so hard. Way harder then I ever expected and you are right 20 minutes does sound scary but you are doing it the right way by starting out slow and working your way up. You are going to do great with the 20 minutes especially since you are slowly training your body to do it. Good luck and I can't wait to hear how you do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So proud of you! Sometimes the mental part (ok, most of the time) is the hardest thing about exercise.

    P.S. I will show you my blob in March. Now THAT'S a reason to come do that race if I ever heard one, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on completing another week! I'm so scared to go on to week 4. I have a pretty hard time running those last 3 minutes. I hate those days when you just feel so tired! Looks like you did a great job though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Not just sleepy but oh-my-god-I-think-I-put-Nyquil-in-my-water-bottle tired" OMG Kelly, you make me laugh outloud!!! I was like this all day yesterday myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. well girl, you're better than me! I was kinda ho-hum yesterday too and talked myself out of working out. KUDOS TO YOU!!!!!

    And congrats on finishing another week in the C25K!!! You'll do fine w/the 20 minute run!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. your doing great
    im so proud of u

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)