Thursday, February 18, 2010

C25K: Week 5 Day 1

Wednesday was my first day of week 5. We were fortunate enough to have a beautiful day so I took the run outside instead of to the treadmill at the Y. There is a huge difference between running outside and running on a treadmill.

I can go for 5 minutes without a problem on the treadmill. 5 mph is not a problem. Let's crank it to 5.4!

Things change drastically outside on the streets. First off, my street slopes to the sides for water drainage. It doesn't look like much but it can really do a number on your knees after a while as you run on the sides. I hate running on the sidewalk because it's so uneven.

Week 5 Day 1 looks like this:
  • 5 minute warm up walk
  • 5 minute run
  • 3 minute walk
  • 5 minute run
  • 3 minute walk
  • 5 minute run
  • 5 minute cool down walk

The last 5 minute run was pretty tough. I had to slow it down from my already slow pace to a mere pitter pat of a jog. I'm quite sure that someone walking could have passed me without the least effort. So I'm thinking, "If this is hard what am I going to do about that 20 minute run in a few days?!" I'm not going to think about it. Fiddle-dee-dee, I'll worry about that tomorrow, says Scarlett.

Also did 37 minutes of Walk It Out on Wii. I just don't burn a lot of calories with that game. Still fun to play from time to time.

My rear, chest, arms and legs are so sore from the weights on Tuesday. That's a good thing, right?

Eats and Treats:

Started the day with a Low Carb Monster and Carb Check Cinnamon Swirl bagel with FF strawberry cream cheese.

Lunch: Amy's Fat Free Alphabet Vegetable soup and 5 multigrain crackers
And with a name like this it better be good! 1 bottle of Bawls
Postrun snack was an Oikos Chocolate yogurt

Then this cute minneola tangelo. It's fun to play with your food!
Dinner: Amy's Texas veggie burger with mustard and 1 Tbs Country Bob's Sauce and 1 slice of cheese on a low carb tortilla; 1/2 cup grapes; 1/2 serving of Pirate's Booty BBQ flavor (I know that's more than 1/2 cup of grapes in the bowl but Chuck and I shared)
Dessert: the last No Pudge Brownie
Snack: running low on protein so I had a Primal Strips Teriyaki veggie jerky and 1 piece of dried, unsweetened mango
.
Calories Burned: 2636
Calorie Intake: 1240
Deficit: -1396
.
Thanks to Spicebites for the Beautiful Blogger award!!! I feel pretty. :)
I usually don't give awards out to individuals because I feel guilty about not giving it to everyone's blog that I love to read. I don't want to hurt feelings or leave anyone out.
So I've decided to share this with some blogs that I've recently added to my blogroll. They're new to me but they may not be new to you. Check them out when you have a chance!
.
Rules: I have to share 7 fun things about me. And then I get to pass the award on to 7 other bloggers.
  1. I broke my own horse when I was a kid and showed her at registered quarter horse shows and won a LOT of trophies. It was so much fun!!
  2. I used to throw parties for my 100 chickens when I was a kid.
  3. I used to save injured birds and sneak them under my desk at work to take care of them while they got better.
  4. I was bit by a copperhead snake when I was a kid and was very close to having my hand removed. Had to stay a week at the hospital and the venom messed up my nervous system for a while. I had trouble walking.
  5. I got married when I was 19 to Chuck. Almost 20 years later and we still act like we're dating. :)
  6. I'm very shy at first.
  7. Crowds freak me out a little.

Now to share some love with 7 other bloggers:

  1. The Fat Chick Weigh
  2. From Fat to Fab
  3. Fun, Fit and Fabulicious
  4. Fat Buster
  5. The Next Biggest Loser
  6. Sheesh
  7. 365 Days with the 330 Pound Woman
  8. Journey to a New Me

Yeah, I know that's 8, not 7. I'm also a little bit of a rebel. :) Enjoy the blogs. They are recent additions to my blog roll.

15 comments:

  1. I get to say it -
    You've got Bawls!
    How was it, and where did you find it?
    Do tell!
    Good job running, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, is that me listed at #7? WOO-HOO, 365 Days with the 330 Pound Woman, I am thrilled! Thanks for giving me props! Woot Woot! I can't express my appreciation any more, HUGS HUGS HUGS!

    Amys Burger looks delish... I need that recipe, you know I love to cook! Please send it to me or post it :)

    I am going to start playing with my food more ofter because Sammy the Citrus was too cute, um yes... I did just name your Tangelo, LOL!

    Thanks again for your support, I checked the others and love them as well! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on making it through the run! Who cares what the pace is.

    Is there a track somewhere that you can try using? That sidewalk sounds less than ideal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic calorie deficit today! I'm so beyond scared of starting week 5 :( I'm barely making it through week 4

    ReplyDelete
  5. anne, I found my Bawls at Target. LOL It's sugar free. No calories. Pretty good flavor but it's no Rock Star.

    Overcoming Obesity, the Amy's Burger comes frozen in a box. I found it at Whole Foods but they may have it in the "healthy" frozen foods section of your local market.

    Sheesh, there is a gravel track at my Y. I may use that instead. The sidewalk is very much less than ideal!

    Scalewarfare, I'm sure you'll be able to do this. You did week 4! I think the tipping point will be day 3 of week 5. You know what I'm talking about. It makes me sick to even think about it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know when you said you broke your horse? I took that literally. Apparently I never will be a true Texan, lol!

    I have run in my neighborhood a couple of times, but like the paved trail at a park that is pretty close to our house much better...keep trying different places until you find somewhere that works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you are a rebel and added me as #8! I feel sooooo honored! I have seen this award on several other blogs and hoped one day to get one! Thank you so much for giving it to me! I hope it counts since I am #8..
    I'm gonna take it and show it off!

    I can't tell you how much it means to me! I love blogging and reading other blogs. I am checking out the other blogs on the roll and will leave them some love also! Thank you again!

    The food looks absolutely amazing!
    And GOOD JOB on the running!

    Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great workout
    your doing amazing

    ReplyDelete
  9. bawls water...ha ha!!! haven't seen that before :)

    congrats on finishing your run!! i love your 7 facts...and the party for the chicken!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. First, you ate Amy's soup. Now, you ate her burger.
    Let's hope she doesn't mind! LOL
    And the Bawls -Ah, our old friend gurana!
    I found some in tablet form at Whole Foods.
    Loaded w/caffeine. I take 1/2 a tablet sometimes when I can't have any coffee...or Monster/Bawls.
    ;D

    ReplyDelete
  11. The great thing about the C25K is the gradual build up. Don't look at the future day, just one day at a time. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job on that run! You're doing so well in such a short amount of time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the lovely award :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey girl!!! Thanks so much for passing this award on to me. I'm honored that you consider my blog worthy. I really appreciate the thought and recognition! Hope you have a fabulous weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)