Monday, February 15, 2010

February: a Challenging Month

Nothing huge or out of the ordinary happened this weekend. I already told you about my wonderful date night at The Melting Pot. Lots of fun and lots of calories. I still have a few calories to work off from that meal.

Even though nothing terribly exciting happened this weekend, it seemed like I was so busy.

Saturday I took Charlie to a birthday party. Afterwards we were all hungry so we went to Waffle House! Of all places. LOL I got hashbrowns and an egg, bacon and cheese sandwich. How's that for watching calories?! And I finally tried a low carb Monster energy drink. Very sweet and tasty. :) Later that night I was not hungry at all so I had some Greek yogurt. Danced to Just Dance for the Wii for 75 minutes to burn off some of my earlier nonsense.

Sunday I woke up in a panic: I had forgotten to call my mom on Saturday for her birthday! OMG, what a terrible daughter I am. I was so worried about Charlie's party and Chuck's pain (now his jaw is hurting too. think it's TMJ) that I forgot. I called her and decided to go for a visit.

I bought her a kaffir lime tree (the leaves are used in Thai cooking) that she loved. I also got to see my brother and he gave me a droid phone to replace the Blackberry that I have so much trouble with! LOVE the droid. :)

It was good to see my mom but being on the road meant more eating out. For lunch, we had McDonald's. I could have had the salad but I had nuggets and fries instead. Shame.
After getting home late I picked up PeiWei because they had sent me a gift card for $10 off. I only had to pay $5 for dinner! I did choose a low cal option and only had half of it. Partial "yeah!" for me.

I feel kind of bad about eating out so much and not choosing the healthier options. I should know better. I do know better.

I read that in a new study from the Journal of Clinical Investigation that researchers found that eating food rich in saturated fat just once can impair your ability to feel full for about three days. Good grief! That'll make me think twice.

February is going to be a real test for me. First there was the Melting Pot and all of its cheesy calorie goodness. Next weekend we are heading to San Antonio for the weekend. There are no refrigerators in the rooms of the Menger Hotel (unless you spend an extra $25). Yes, we'll be eating out. I am going to have to be very careful.

Later in the month we've been invited to be guests of a barbecue team at a cookoff at the Houston Rodeo. All of the free food and drinks (including beer) that we want. All day. I'm not going to turn down the opportunity of going but I am going to have to plan ahead. Maybe I can bring in some fruit and stuff? Not sure of the policies of bringing in food.

So, needless to say, I will be working hard to keep those calories down and burn off any extras.

And even though I did eat out way too much on Saturday and Sunday I still had a calorie deficit each day. So it's not too bad, I guess.


Oh, and I ordered Turbo Jam after hearing so much about it in the internet world. Looking forward to trying that out at home for some variety. :)

7 comments:

  1. If you had a calorie deficit- you're doing just fine! Sounds like you have a fun month ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you do have a full month!! Just try to keep your ultimate goal in mind and those temptations won't seem as tempting!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a full and fun weekend! I totally believe the quoate about eatting a bad meal effecting you feeling full on future days...I've noticed that after a couple "treat meals"
    I'm so interested in getting a Wii so I can play that Just Dance!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic that you had a deficit! Woo-hoo.

    I want Turbo Jam really bad. Excellent reviews, lots of fun--but I can't justify spending any more money right now. :(

    When you get it, give a review, please!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We all have to live a little! So glad you had a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll be wishing you the best in a thoroughly trying month food wise, although I bet you'll have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A partial yay is better than no yay at all!
    I think you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)