Monday, February 1, 2010

First Day of February and Tough Workouts

First day of February and first day of The Shred. It lives up to its name. I have a motivational picture to push me when I don't feel like moving:
I don't know if I'll ever look like that but it certainly gives me inspiration to move it, move it!

The Shred, Day 1: I hate to admit it but I was actually a little scared. The first time I ever did the Shred I had trouble walking for 3 days. It was brutal. Today? I could actually do all of the jumping jacks! I was so surprised. I think I may be just a little stronger! I could even walk when I finished. I'm pumped. There is something very empowering about doing something that you didn't think you could do before. Burned 200 calories in 20 minutes.

I'm going to try to do the DVD each day. We'll see how it goes. :)

Cardio: I got Rachel to dance with me to Just Dance for Wii. We did it for 65 minutes!! 630 calories burned, baby. Yeah!


Lunch: leftover Taco Soup. I love this stuff so much. (just click the link and scroll down if you want the recipe)
It felt good to get my exercises done. It is a real mood improver. :)
Dinner: Cheesy Crockpot Chicken over Ronzoni Smart Taste noodles; garlic toast; salad This is always a family favorite. There were just enough leftovers for Chuck to have some for lunch tomorrow.
Cheesy Crockpot Chicken
.
2# boneless chicken breasts
2 cans 98% FF cream of chicken soup (I use cream of celery instead)
1 can cheddar cheese soup
1/4 to 1 tsp garlic powder
.
Place chicken breasts in crockpot. Mix soups and garlic powder together and pour over chicken. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. Shred the chicken then serve over rice or noodles or whatever.
.
Yield 8 servings: (nutritional does not include noodles or rice or anything...just the chicken mixture) 4 WW pts per serving; Calories 200.8; fat 4.3g; 11.3g carbs; fiber 1g
.
Good stuff.
.
Dessert: 1 chocolate Vitamuffin
.
The night's not over but Bodybugg is predicting I'll burn about 2800 calories.
So I'll have a calorie deficit of about 1580. Not bad.

15 comments:

  1. oooooh you go girl!! As soon as I finish this 5k challenge, I will be going back to shred! It's sad to say that I miss it!!! Good job lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed when I read that you missed the Shred, Connie. :D

    I'm doing the C25K program and the Shred. Guess I like the pain or something, right? haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to try the shred.
    once at least before I keep saying that it would kick my booty, right?

    or I could just stick with the notion it would kick my...glutes and be done with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for commenting my blog
    i;ll definatly be following your blog from now on your doing amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you just love Jillian? I had the same experience. First time I tried it, I blew out my knees from all those jumping jacks. After a break and starting again, I can do it still!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, guys, the Shred is a botty kicker and sometimes even a knee kicker. It's a love/hate relationship.

    It really does tone up those muscles though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, the Shred. Ohhhhh. I finally made it to Level 3 around the holidays. The jumping jacks don't go away, she just gets more sadistic with them. I could easily forget the pain with some of that taco soup, tho.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i do the same thing with motivational pictures!! did it last night while running! :) that girl is cut!!

    good job on the shred...i should do that too! we'll see tho :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. camevil, I cracked up about the sadistic jumping jacks. LOL I think I'm going to change up the levels to keep things interesting and painful. :D

    Darcy, you should join in the Shredding fun and pain! Misery loves company. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. That taco soup looks so delish! That is a must try!!!!

    Good luck with the Shred - I just started P90X and that is an extreme workout :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooooo, sensai. P90X looks too scary for me. I'd love to hear what you think of it.

    Do try the taco soup. It's just so good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woo-hoo, you did the jumping jacks! Isn't it fun to witness the changes first hand? It's mind boggling--in a fantastic way!!!

    Great caloie burn.

    Okay, I'll admit Jillian is hot, hot, hot in that photo--but she still scares the you-know-what out of me. lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kelly, you know I'm a SHRED HEAD!!! I even posted that on my blog! I know *laughs* it's a sickness!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)