Monday, February 1, 2010

New Month=New Goals

It's February 1st. I always associate February with Valentine's Day and chocolates and stuff like that. My mom's birthday is the day before Valentine's Day. Happy Birthday, MOM!

This February I want to make count. January was a pretty stellar month: lost 8.2 pounds, completed Bootcamp, exercised a LOT, tracked all of my food, lost some inches.

I signed up for the Sparkpeople February Heart Challenge but it wasn't exactly what I was looking for. I want some structure. I need someone to tell me each day exactly what workouts I need to do.

At the end of the January Bootcamp I was thinking, "What now?" Every day was a different workout. The only thing I had to plan was what type of cardio I wanted to do 5x a week. Now I am on my own!

So I came up with my own goals/challenge for February:

  • Lose 5 pounds (though more would be fantastic!)
  • track all of my food
  • have at least 500 calorie deficit per day
  • Do 30 Day Shred: 3x the 1st week; 4x the 2nd week; 5x the 3rd and 4th weeks
  • do C25K program 3x a week
  • on days that I don't do Shred, do SparkPeople 10 minute cardio video
  • do something for ME each day

I'll have to cut myself a little slack sometime this month. We're planning to spend a weekend in San Antonio. Surely I will get plenty of exercise walking around the city though. :)

So today I'm supposed to The Shred video. I'll tell you, I'm a little scared. I haven't done this in a while and the first time I ever did it I had trouble walking for 3 days. True story. I'll let you know how it goes. Surely I'm in slightly better shape than I was a year ago. Maybe? Just a little? :-/

Do you make monthly goals? If so, what are some of your goals for February?

14 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goals for Feb. - very doable! Are you going to the rodeo in SA? We used to go every year when we lived there...so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- those are great goals! I don't have any goals this month accept to keep working my WW program. I already told hubby not to buy me chocolate this Valentine's unless it has the WW point value on the packaging!LOL SA sounds like a blast! I certainly enjoyed my trip to TX last weekend! Keep up the good work.

    PS: Your chili dogs and steak fries have become a favorite around here. Do you use any Morning Star products? Their corndogs are 4 pts and with a serving of Hungry Girl's onion rings...mmm. Thought that sounded right up your ally!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SHelley--I didn't know the rodeo was going on! I haven't been to one in YEARS! I used to show quarter horses in horse shows though. kind of like a rodeo but without the bull riding and stuff. It was a lot of fun.

    Phat Nanny--love the hot dogs! I do love Morning Star stuff but I had read on HG that they weren't making the corn dogs any more. :( How sad is that? I hope it was just a nasty rumor without any truth to it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Feb goals!!

    You should put your workout routine into a calendar and you can mark each day off after you complete the required workout! I've been thinking about doing this myself!! I like to "check" things off my list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darci, that's a great idea. I also like to check things off. :) makes me feel like I'm actually accomplishing something. I feel even better if I get to put a sticker on it. LOL How juvenile of me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT goals and Jan. wt. loss.

    I loss a meager 2 pds but did not get to exercise as often because of weather and illness. Hoping Feb. is better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. NitWit, any loss is a good loss, right?! Hope you are feeling better and that you reach all your goals in February. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goal for the month is to do the 30 day shred everyday. It has made me just as sore in the past, so I'm hoping I can do it tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you, Mae! You can be my accountability partner. Do you like the way I just signed you up for that job? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the goals!!! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, Sherlyn. Now the hard part: sticking to them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hiya, Kelly
    I set goals, but they really don't change.
    5 pounds a month is a respectable loss -
    A pound a week + a wee little bit more...
    or less....
    Gotta be "do-able" to avoid the re-do-blues!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Anne! Yeah, I'd rather lose more than 5 pounds but I don't want to set myself up for disappointment. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)