Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Some San Antonio Pics and My Daily Stuff

(pigeons bathing in a fountain)


(zero milestone for Old Spanish Trail)




(the view from our balcony at the Menger Hotel)




(I always get in trouble for feeding the birds. It never stops me.)

(Is the glass half full or half empty? Either way I think I'll order another.)



Monday:
We were so busy on this trip. I need a vacation to recover. I woke up very tired on Monday. Had to meet my mom half way to get the dogs from her. It is so great that she pet sits for us. Sometimes having dogs is a royal pain the rear.
.
Tried out my Turbo Jam "Learn and Burn" dvd. Wasn't bad. Lot of kickboxing moves set to some high energy music. Chalene is very upbeat but not in an annoying way. There is a learning curve to getting the moves. I'll have to do the Learn and Burn a couple of times before I finally get it. Even Rachel decided to try it out!
.
Breakfast: Carbcheck Bagel with fat free strawberry cream cheese. I'm out of Rock Star. :( And I really needed it today.
.
After meeting mom to get the dogs we stopped at Starbuck's: skinny cinnamon dolce latte (90 calories)
.
Decided to try Turbo Jam 20 minute workout. Worked up a great sweat! Then time for lunch. I wasn't very hungry. I had not exactly stayed on plan while out of town. I decided to have a protein shake with Jay Robb Tropical Dreamsicle protein powder mixed with almond milk with an apple on the side.
.
Snack: chocolate Greek yogurt with .5 oz of walnuts
.
Chuck got home from work and we went out to Freebird's Burritos again. YUM!!! Love this place so much. I got the Hybird (which is just smaller portions of filling than the Freebird) on a spinach tortilla filled with chicken, roasted garlic, cilantro, death sauce, lime juice, rice, refried beans, jack cheese, and lettuce.
Dessert: dark chocolate Attune bar
.
Snack: Weight Watcher string cheese
.
Chuck needed to workout so I put on Turbo Jam for him to try and did it with him. One more time of Learn & Burn. That's 3 sessions of Turbo Jam today!!!
I also measured myself to see if there are any changes after a month of doing this.
.
Calories Burned: 2593
Calorie Intake: 1480
Deficit: -1113
.
Ya know, in the past it would have been very difficult for me to get back on track after a weekend like that but this time it was very easy. Just picked right back up where I left off. That's an empowering feeling. I know I am going to succeed this time!

9 comments:

  1. your pics are SO awesome. Makes me want an SLR SO bad!!!

    way to go on getting right back on track...i was the same way, almost ready for it after the weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cinnamon dolce drinks freak me out because it's like coffee with a hint of Cinnamon Scope. My boyfriend's a fiend for them though and at least they help his breath :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your daughter looks so much like you - and y'all are both gorgeous! Fun pics...we really should get back to SA for a visit.

    Nice job getting back on the healthy eating - way to show that you can deviate from the plan on special occasions and then get back to doing what you need to do!

    Still up for the Dash? It's in what - a week and a half? You totally can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great workouts
    great job picking back up where ya left off thats how you know your gonna make it
    and i love your pics

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pics, Kelly! But, hey, you need to come out from behind that rock, girlie!!! You are beautiful!

    Good, fabulous, fantastical job getting back on track after the vacay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pictures! We visited some of those places on our honeymoon, cool to see the pictures again! :) Way to get back on track!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pictures are great! What camera do you have?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lori,thanks. It's a Canon EOS 20D.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)