Thursday, February 11, 2010

Weigh In Results (!) and Weds stuff

It's Thursday: weigh in day! Guess what............................................

Last Week weight: 200
This Week: 198
-2 pounds
I'm a citizen of Onederland!!!!! Woohoo!! ^5!
PS: We're also a "nuclear state." Watch out. ;-)
.
So happy. It's like crossing into a different dimension or something. LOL It just means that I'm getting closer to the weight on my driver's license.
.
It also reminds me of something from the Wizard of Oz:
Dorothy: Oh, will you help me? Can you help me?
Glinda: You don't need to be helped any longer. You've always had the power to go back to Kansas.
Dorothy: I have?
Scarecrow: Then why didn't you tell her before?
Glinda: Because she wouldn't have believed me. She had to learn it for herself.
.
48 pounds until I reach goal
20 pounds to fulfill my Pound for Pound Challenge
----------------------------------
Eats and Treats:
Breakfast: made Lori's Protein Pancakes. OMG, these are really good! I calculated it at 192.3 calories; 2.7 g fat; 20.4g carbs; 2.6g fiber; 20.5g protein (3 WW points for the WHOLE thing!) I had it with sugar free pancake syrup. (Lori is off taping for the Dr Oz Show. Congrats to Lori!!!) Not pictured is a camera shy SF Rock Star.
Lori's Protein Pancakes
Ingredients:
1/3 cup of cottage cheese (1%)
1/3 cup of rolled oats
1/3 cup of egg substitute
1/8th tsp of baking powder
dash of vanilla
dash of cinnamon
(I added a little stevia to the batter)

Blend in a blender and cook like regular pancakes. You must blend this, otherwise the oats will be too chunky. The batter should be nice and smooth. Makes 3 big pancakes!Lots of protein and fiber!
You can also put the batter in a waffle iron

Lunch: LingLing Chicken & Veggie potstickers; mixed veggies; Chung Veggie Eggroll with sauce. A heaping helping of food for 468 calories. I was stuffed, I mean pleasantly full.
I am embarrassed to even admit this but my hamstrings are so sore from bending over yesterday to pull weeds from the yard. Hey, those were some tough weeds! But squatting down and pulling worked some muscles that I guess I haven't worked in a while. I am sore! LOL Sore enough that I didn't think I would make it through the squats and lunges in the Shred.

I was thinking of going to Zumba but the Weds class doesn't start until 7pm. That means I'd get home around 8:30 and not get much time to spend with the family. So I skipped and did Just Dance on the Wii for 1 hour 20 minutes. It's such a fun way to burn off some calories. I burned almost 700!

Snack: Chobani strawberry I didn't include a picture because you've seen enough of my yogurt in the last few days. I love this stuff!

My sweet Rachel made dinner for us! Thanks, Rachel!

Dinner: spaghetti, New York Texas Toast Lite, salad I was VERY hungry so I had a little more than a cup of spaghetti. The serving size is 2 oz but that's a dry weight. I found online that 2 oz of dry pasta= approx. 1 cup of cooked. Good enough.
Snack: .8 oz of Just Fruit Munchies This is such a great snack food. It's freeze dried organic fruit. They're crunchy, sweet and tart. Plus the serving size is fairly large and I get a serving of fruit!
Watched enough Ghost Hunters to get spooked then went to bed.
.
Do y'all have any plans for Valentine's Day?
I'm taking Chuck to The Melting Pot in Houston. It's a fondue restaurant! I've never been to anything like that before and they had a special Valentine's Day package going on: romantic setting, photo of us in a frame, 4 course meal and a goodie bag. I can't wait! I think we'll either catch a movie afterwards or go feed the stingrays in Kemah.
.
For Valentine's Day I got Chuck a gun (a nickel plated 1911 pistol that was a government issued weapon in 1944 during WWII. Very nice. ) I haven't seen what he has for me yet. :)


Calories Burned: 2457
Calorie Intake: 1397
Deficit: -1060

22 comments:

  1. Yay for Onederland lady! So awesome :D That lunch looks super yummy :D If today wasnt my vegetarian day, I'd be all over the potstickers in my freezer thanks to this picture lol. I need to pick up some veggie ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Onederland! Congrats!

    The Melting Pot is SO GOOD! I've been a bunch of times. My favorite courses are the cheese and meat. For the cheese, they give you healthy stuff (carrots, cauliflower, celery, apples) to dip along with the bread. My tip for eating less of the bread (you'll want to be saving room for everything else while still enjoying it!) is to break the chunks they give you in half and dip them that way! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome aboard the S.S. Onederland!

    It's smooth sailing from here on out...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on reaching OnederLand! Yahoo!!

    I totally understand what you mean about your ham's being so sore. I have/had a garden and each spring when I weeded and then planted, I could hardly walk for days afterwards from all the bending I was doing planting row after row.
    Yikes! I feel for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the congrats. :) It means a lot to have my blogger-world buddies' support.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm as happy for you as I will be for me to hit onederland too!!! CONGRATS...I'm on my way, just afew pounds behind ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm right behind Angie P, cheering you on :)

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are the most generous woman in the world! Who else would get such a nice gift as a nickel plated 1911? I can't wait to shoot it.

    Yours should be here today.

    Looking forward to tomorrow night. Shoot.... I am looking forward to tonight!

    LOVE

    (And congrats on reaching this milestone! You look fantastic!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Way to go, Kelly, that's awesome! So proud of you!

    Have fun at the Melting Pot...I thought it was a fun little dinner experience. I think you'll enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kelly!

    Congrats on onederland. I know the feeling all to well. I NEVER want to see a 2 as the first number in my weight ever again.

    You are so kind to share so many recipes with us. I thought I would share one with you. It is quite simple, low in points and ingredients, but very high in taste!

    This came from allrecipes.com

    Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken

    4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

    1 (17.5 oz) bottle of buffalo wing sauce

    1/2 (1 oz) pkg. dry ranch salad dressing

    2 Tablespoon of butter ( I use 1)

    6 hoagie rolls, (I use Arnold's sandwich thins)

    Directions:

    Place the chicken breasts into a slow cooker and pour 3/4 of the wing sauce and the ranch dressing mix. Cover, and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours.

    Once the chicken has cooked, add the butter, and shred the meat finely with two forks. Pile meat onto buns or rolls, which ever you use, and splash with the remaining buffalo wing sauce to serve.

    Using hoagie rolls and 2 tablespoons of butter, this is the break down of the nutrition.

    Cal--578
    Fat--14 grams
    Fiber--3.6

    Buffalo wing sauce has 0 cal, 0 fat, and 0 fiber. Meat is usually 1 pt per ounce. Sandwich thins are 1 pt..You can add a point for the butter for every 2 oz of meat. I haven't tried making it without the butter, but I am sure it would not be missed.

    Terrie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay Kelly!!! Welcome to Onederland - so happy you made it!!! Congratulations, my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tricia, Thanks so much! I hope your foot gets better SOON.

    Terrie, Thanks for the great recipe. You KNOW I'm going to try that one. Love some spicy food. ;-)

    Chuck, You're very welcome and mine came today!!!! Thanks! I love them. I'm posting pictures tomorrow. hehe

    Merry and Angie, you'll get there soon, I know! I've saved some room for you. It's a great place to be. Did you know the sun shines brighter in Onederland? I had no idea!

    Oh Sandra, glad someone understands my pain. I was feeling like such a wuss.

    And Jack, you make losing weight look easy. You've done so great!

    scalewarfare, go get ya some potstickers! LOL They're super fantabulous.

    Karen, I didn't realize there were Melting Pot restaurants all over. I think I need to get out more. Thanks for the tips. I know it's going to be a calorie train wreck but I'm willing to suffer for the good of Valentine's Day. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Shelley! ((HUGS)) Losing as much weight as possible will make that race a lot easier! I'm about to go to the gym to work on my C25K.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yay, Kelly!!!!! whoooooo hoooooo! I am so, so, so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOO HOO!!! AWESOME JOB!!! So proud of you. I know it feels GOOD!!! ONEDERLAND is YOURS!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on reaching Onederland...it feels so far away to me!!! I know it feels great when you finally reach it though. Very happy for you girl!

    My roommate is taking his girlfriend to The Melting Pot for Valentine's and is going to propose...I hope she says yes, lol!

    Dwayne and I are going to a steak and seafood restaurant called California Dreaming....never been there before. And I still haven't decided what to buy him yet!

    ReplyDelete
  17. kelly you are totally rockin out!!! hooray for onederland!!!

    your vday plans sound awesome!! i've always wanted to go to the pelting pot too, can't wait to hear about it!! as yet, no plans, but i'm sure we'll do something!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Things have changed since my last comment, lol. Dwayne and I are now going to Pappadeaux's for dinner Sat night, not California Dreaming, as if you care, lol.

    About the personal trainer, you're going to freak when you hear this, but keep in mind, they all have different rates!

    Our trainer is $30 for 1 30 minute session a week. Yes, that's a dollar a minute...I know, insane. I will say that when I first signed up, I thought we had him for an hour, not only 30 mins. However, Billie and I work out together during that 30 mins, and he always has us doing 2 different things, so my cost is actually only $15 for 1 session a week, or $60 a month. We also had 3 free sessions when we signed up, and just finished that this week. Also, he's printing up a sheet and putting it in our file to grab when we come in on the days we're not working with him, telling us exactly what exercises to do and how many of them. So he's still kind of virtually training us all week for the same $15, it's just up to us to push ourselves and do everything he says in that 30 mins, so that our heart rate stays up and we look like sweaty messes like we do when we're done working out with him. Hope this helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great loss and a wonderful new category! We had my daughter's bridal luncheon at The Melting Pot here in my town and it was wonderful! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  20. onederland baby
    great loss
    keep it up
    your doing great :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on making it to Onederland!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kelly, how ONEderful! I'm so happy for you! ONEderland...congrats!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)