Friday, March 26, 2010

Cue Pomp & Circumstance, There's a Graduate in the House

I actually did it. I graduated from the Couch to 5K program today. There were a couple of walks due to an evil side cramp at mile 2.20. I had to stop and dry heave when the pain got really bad. Sorry about all of the info but running can be pretty nasty. (click the link only if you have a strong stomach)

I can't type much because I have to take the kids to 4H but I wanted to share my accomplishment with my buddies in bloggerville. :) Thanks for all of your support along the way.

It was a nice run today except for the side pain. A couple of times I think I really hit my zone. The running became less labored and I hit a sort of Zen feeling. Hard to explain. I think I found the right pace and form a couple of times.

40 minutes (includes warm up and cool down) 3.05 miles for a 13.06 pace.

My fastest pace hit was 7.2 miles per hour. Woohoo!

I'm am a very Happy Texan right now.

17 comments:

  1. So happy for you! Congrats on the accomplishment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!
    Jumping up and down excitedly

    Well done! Congratulations and WOO HOO, woman, you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hoo Kelly! Congrats! This is a great accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I'm closer to the couch than the finish line, but I'm cheering for your accomplishment even as I huff and puff through my own C25K trials.

    WTG, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY KELLY!!!! Congratulations on finishing the program!!! That kind of determination is what will push you to the finish line in San Antonio - half marathon, here you come!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, great job graduate!

    And no thanks for that picture of that man running. Yuk! LOl

    ReplyDelete
  7. That photo was gross....but Congrats to you!! LOL!! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY!!! Great job:)

    PS: Im having a giveaway, check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woot Woot - way to go Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to go! You're doing so great!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOOOOO HOOOO!!! I'm smiling ear to ear for you Kelly!!! I knew you could do it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fantastic job Kelly....you worked very hard for this and I'm extremely proud of your accomplishment!! Congrats on the 60 lbs lost also! Hope you're having a fabulous weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello! Google Reader recommended your blog to me...and I can totally see why!

    I too graduated C25K recently...way to go!

    A huge accomplishment...really.

    Kyle
    Getting Better and Better

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats graduate! Very proud of you for reaching so many of your goals!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)