Tuesday, March 30, 2010

I Found a Lump (not bad)

First off, I don't want to give any one a scare. It's not what you think.

I was stretching out yesterday and ran my hand down my leg to kind of rub some soreness out and I felt a lump. At first it freaked me out a little. What the heck is that?! I've never heard of leg cancer.

It was a quad muscle on the side of my leg! LOL I haven't had one in so long. It's still small and barely visible but it's there. Thanks, running. :)

In other news, there is no other news. Yesterday I was exhausted from the weekend and did nothing. Well, I did finish my Non-Runner's Marathon Guide book (not that I am even considering a marathon) and changed 3 messy bird cages.

While changing cages, Frio, my blue and gold macaw did something so cute. I was on the floor and she took an empty almond shell and dropped it in front of me and just stared at me. I was out of almonds for her and said, "Sorry, sweety. I have to get some more. Almond?" Every time I said "almond" her pupils would shrink. It's called pinpointing. It's a sign that she is very interested in what I am saying. I just thought it was cool that she was trying to show me she wanted another.

Yep. That's really it for the day. Unless you want to hear how I unloaded the dishwasher, ate dandan noodles from PeiWei and watched 24 last night. I didn't think so. :) Hopefully tomorrow will have something a little more exciting.

13 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about worrying anyone. But that's exactly what went through my head when I felt it. :)

    I remember reading in one book aout a woman (I think it was Kim Benson) crying because she thought she had cancer. It was her hip bone. She didn't know what it felt like and then she lost weight and it scared her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lumps and bumps - don't you just "love" finding them! It's really good when they disappear after a week.

    So neat your bird communicates with you like that.

    PS. I used to live in Wylie, TX - long, long time ago. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My legs are sore from yesterdays workout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like a good day all around! Congratulations on finding a muscle you hadn't noticed in a while! I love those kinds of victories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool on the muscle - I like it when they start to show up. I was looking at my arm last night and I'm sure I see an indentation now :) Oh how silly ...
    That's cool about your bird. I'd love to have one but with a cat and a hunting bird dog, I don't think it would be in the birds best interest right now LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job scaring me, Ah-nold! Glad it was muscle...you'll be seeing lots more of those very soon, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The macaw story is interesting. My dog has brown almond shaped eyes. When she wants petting and/or more treats, she sits by my lift chair, puts herhead on the arm and half closes those eyes in a dreamy, you-cannot- resist-me look. OK I lower the chair and off to the treat drawer after a pat on head, rub the chest and behind the ears routine. What a sucker I am.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Same lump thing happened to me in Basic Training in the Army...I thought they had implanted a tracking device in my arm...turns out it was called "triceps" !!
    Love your little stories.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's not a tumah!
    (In my best Arnold voice)

    Good job Sweetie.
    You look fantastic.

    LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the spinach leaves on the pizza! My kids are suspicious of anything green, so I don't know if they'd eat it, but it's worth a shot.

    Isn't it a rule that you have to have at least one S'more per camping trip?

    ReplyDelete
  12. so cute, I have always want one of those bird.

    Ps: Im having a giveaway check it out.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)