Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Terrific CrockPot Roast Recipe and the Daily exercise

This is an awesome recipe for pot roast that's super easy to make.

4# eye of round roast
1 can healthy request cream of celery (could use cream of whatever you like)
1 package Lipton Onion Soup mix
1/4 cup water

Place roast in crockpot. Pour soup over then sprinkle soup mix over that. Pour water all over. Put lid on crockpot and cook for 8-10 hours on low or shorter amount of time on high. I just cook it until it falls apart with a spoon.

4 oz serving with 1/12 of gravy: Calories 272.1; Fat 11.7g; Sodium 537 mg; Carbs 5.8g; Fiber .2g
Serve over rice or mashed taters.

And I had to have a piece of Rachel's cake. It was 3 oz (yes, I am that way with measuring and tracking calories) and I scraped off the icing. I didn't let her know that. shhhhhh. Very good! I haven't had full fat cake in a long time.

Today was my "off" day from C25K but I wanted to do something active. Turbo Jam didn't sound too good when it was so gorgeous outside. So we headed to Brazos Bend State Park for a "short" hike. At least that's what I told the kids they were in for. I actually had a longer hike planned. :) Evil mom, I am.

We saw a bunch of baby gators. So cute!

This guy was napping in the sun. Just look at that pose! He was sound asleep.
Even the turtles were out getting a tan in the sun.
This snowy egret was fishing for lunch. He would take his left leg and stomp it around in the muddy water then go after the fish and critters it stirred up. Beautiful bird!
And this cardinal was singing such a pretty song. I just love spring!
We walked 6.2 miles today. A 10K!
.
After having dinner, Chuck and I went out for a nice stroll around the neighborhood for a 1.5 mile walk. Every one is coming out of hibernation and working in yards, grilling and riding bikes. Such a great time of year. And our neighbors just had their first baby! A little boy. Poor guys. They're so nervous. :)
.
A very nice day. Walked 7.7 miles total.
Don't you just love spring?!

9 comments:

  1. That's an assload of walking, lady. Glad you had a good day! That cake is killin' me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL An assload of walking. Love ya, Tricia. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow--such a productive, action-packed day! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have visited your blog but I am not sure if I have ever posted.

    Anyway I want to say your food looks great. Love that crock pot recipe.

    You walking photos look amazing.I love to walk this time of year too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what great pictures
    a 10 k wow
    i 2 love spring makes the winter blues go away lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Or an ass UN load of walking!
    DId you take one of the baby croc things home with?
    You rock-ity rock rock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all that roast looks
    YUMM-MMMY! I love to cook with the crock pot! I am making chicken in mine today.
    Also, I love the pictures! Wow! We lived down on the Texas/Louisiana coast in 2007 and gotta love those gators! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for visiting my blog! Im super excited to try some of your recipes.

    http://runningpretty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. You scraped off the icing on the cake? That's the best part LOL! I do the opposite. Leave the cake and eat the frosting.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)