Thursday, April 8, 2010

Checking In

Gosh, it seems like it has been forever since I last posted but it's only been a couple of days.

I've been totally back on track with eating but not exercising. I think all of the pollen has me feeling under the weather lately. Tuesday I stayed in bed most of the day. Wednesday was only slightly better. Today I actually ventured out into public again. I'm still not 100% (aching joints, hot and cold, headache, sore throat, coughing) but I'm doing better.

Part of my other goals for the month were to really stay on track with the kids' schoolwork. This week we've studied about Phoenicia, made purple dye, colored some noodles with it, and practiced glass blowing with that stuff that comes in a tube that makes bubbles and smells like paint thinner. Rachel dissected a frog at the museum and Charlie had a class on making bridges. VERY cool stuff. Then there was a magician in the gift shop who did some magic for us. We were quite impressed.

Other than that, nothing much to report on the home front. I've made no new recipes, have not exercised this week, and nothing thrilling or out of the ordinary has happened. Sometimes it's nice to have a week like that. :)

I would like to thank you all for your constant support in this weight loss journey. It's more than just losing weight; it's about getting fit. Small steps.

6 comments:

  1. Hugs to you!

    Glad you are resting and aren't obsessing with not working out and stuff. Taking care of yourself is #1.

    Cool stuff going on with the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you checked in! With the yellow pollen covering EVERYTHING around here, I'm not surprised you have been down with allergies...hope you are feeling back to 100% soon!

    And sometimes a slowish week is just what we need!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it funny *or not*
    that we sometimes can't figure out what
    "normal" reactions would be -
    "normal" activities -
    "normal" relationships -
    portion size, amounts, reasons,
    you name it ....
    "Normal" or "healthy" or "regular"
    We're all learning I reckon!
    Get well, soon, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, the pollen is nasty right now! Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I stumbled across your blog and wanted to say hi.
    Take a minute an check my blog out
    I have lots of great giveaways going on.
    Thanks :)

    ethertonphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)