Monday, April 19, 2010

Simply Delicious Strawberry Pie (only 158 calories)

I'm tired and I've had a long, busy day but there was no way I was heading off to Dreamland without sharing this awesome strawberry pie recipe.

Rachel made it with our abundance of strawberries that are all over the kitchen and are slowly making their way to the freezer.
Simply Delicious Strawberry Pie

1 (.3 oz) box sugar free strawberry Jell-O
1 (3 oz) box vanilla pudding mix (not instant)
2 cups water
2 cups slices strawberries (I used my boiled egg slicer to slice them quickly)
Reduced fat graham cracker crust
whipped cream, optional and not included in calorie count

Combine Jello, pudding and water. Cook until thickened. Add strawberries and gently blend. Turn into graham cracker crust. Chill 3-4 hours or overnight. Garnish with whipped cream.
Serves 8
Calories 158; Fat 3.7g; Carbs 28.4 g; Fiber 2; Protein 2.2g

This is so simple to make. Rachel needed no help from me. But the results are amazing. Make it. You won't be disappointed.

And now, I'm off to bed. I hope to share my pictures and experiences of Saturday tomorrow. Then the big Sunday recap but you can get a preview over at Shelley's blog.

4 comments:

  1. Yum! Can't wait to try this out. I never thought about using an egg slicer to slice strawberries- great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, Rachel! That looks really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm!! That pie looks delicious. And strawberries are one of my favorite things since I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MMMm!!! Looks SO good!! I think I've seen this recipe before, def need to try it out!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)