Friday, July 30, 2010

Ham Casserole

Woe is me. Just when I thought I was completely over my infection it came back on me but not with the same force. I'm giving myself until Monday then I'm putting myself out of my misery....by going to the doctor.

I've been in a great mood though. I'm a little, tiny bit bummed because we had tickets for the observatory at Brazos Bend for tonight and hubby thinks it would be best if I just stayed home and rested. I think he secretly didn't want to go. :)

This Sunday is my baby Charlie's 10th birthday. I know I'm sounding like a broken record but where does the time go?! Jeez. We'll be taking a field trip to the Dessert Gallery where he will get a free slice of cake for his birthday. I'll take pictures to share with y'all.

Speaking of pictures, have you noticed that my pictures haven't been too terrific lately? That's because they're all taken with a cell phone. The big mac-daddy camera (yo) is at home with my in-laws. It really belongs to them but they let us use it all the time which I am grateful for. Those things cost an arm and a leg. I'm willing to pay a toe or a finger but an arm and leg are just too much.

How about a new and easy and quick recipe to try!

It made a great dinner served with a salad and roll. Even the kids cleaned their plates.

I used Healthy Choice soup, lean Boar's Head deli ham, Ronzoni Smart Taste pasta, and reduced fat Velveeta to help cut back on the calories.
This makes a lot!! You will have leftovers for lunches.
.
Ham Casserole
.
1 box Ronzoni Smart Taste noodles
1 cup corn, drained
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/3 cup skim milk
1 cup chopped cooked lean ham
3/4 cup diced low fat cheese
1 can low fat cream of celery
.
Cook noodles. Combine well with remaining ingredients. Turn into greased baking dish and bake, covered, at 375 degrees for 45 minutes. OR, to make things super duper quick (like I did) heat in the microwave for about 5 minutes, stir, and heat for 4-5 more minutes. Stir then serve. Very yum.
.
Have yourself a great weekend.

5 comments:

  1. Looks yummY!
    Hope you get to feeling better soon !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear - a toe or a finger.....
    Good stuff, Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Charlie - double digits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks really good! I've got to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Somehow, being sick on a weekend feels worse than it is. Hope you get better before Monday. And Happy Birthday to your baby.

    That is the sexiest looking casserole I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)