Thursday, September 30, 2010

Crunchy Baked Cod and Oven Fries

The past couple of days I have felt terrible. Therefore, the lack of post yesterday.  As a matter of fact, I slept in my car while the kids were at their art lesson yesterday.  I'm not sure if I'm dealing with allergies or a cold now.  Every one else in the house seems to be fine. Darn it!  Not that I want anyone else sick; I just want to be well too and enjoy this gorgeous weather we've been having.

Monday night Chuck picked up Pei Wei because I felt pretty bad and didn't feel like cooking.  Last night I had to cook because I had defrosted some cod and there was no way I was letting that go bad.  The grocery store had it on sale (I shop the sale ads and then make my menu for the next week).  I had initially intended to make something fancy but, feeling the way I do,  I changed my mind and prepared something that was fast.

The baked fish only takes 30 minutes to prepare from start to table.  A very quick weeknight dinner.
Fast & Crunchy Baked Cod and Oven Fries
The cod is topped with a mayo, herb, and Dijon mustard mixture.  Then Ritz cracker crumbs are sprinkled on top then baked for 15 minutes.  That's it!  Charlie was not happy about dinner (not fish!) until he tried it then he went back for seconds.  The kid actually cleaned his plate.  Rachel and Chuck liked it too.

The oven fries are not difficult to make but they do take a little babysitting and time.  There was not a single fry that was left though.

Printer ready recipe for Fast and Crunchy Baked Cod here.

Printer ready recipe for Oven Fries here.
Both come from America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook.


This weekend we are going to the in-laws' condo in Tyler.  The kids are really looking forward to it because the place has an indoor water park with big slides and a wave pool, etc.  Saturday night Chuck and I will be cooking dinner. I'm thinking tacos.  But this means I have a lot to get done before tomorrow so I probably won't be dropping in to say "hi" until I get back.

Oh! And I also have a doctor appointment this afternoon to discuss my blood test results.  They wouldn't discuss it over the phone with me.  Not sure what they means.  Perhaps they just want the extra money they get when I come in for an appointment?  Either way, I'll be sure to post the results.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend.  I certainly plan to.  Chuck and I already have plans to go walking a lot by the lake and getting in some much needed exercise. Allergies be damned. :)

4 comments:

  1. I hope you get to feeling better - I'm getting a cold - wth? I never get sick! Maybe we just can't handle perfect weather? LOL

    Hope your blood test results are A-OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your blood work is ok as well. My Dr. does the same thing, always wants me to come in to discuss it and not over the phone. Can't charge for it then :)

    I also want to say thanks for posting all the recipes that you do. I've been getting some pretty good ideas lately for feeding Mr. Sandra.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My stomach's a'grumblin' just by looking at the fish! Looks so darn good!

    I really hope that your blood results are okay. Praying for you and sending you good vibes from Tampa! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with Shelley - hope you aren't catching something before your wonderful weekend!

    Hope the allergies stay at bay at least.

    Fingers crossed too that all goes well with the doctor - I am thinking good thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)