Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Doctor Visit Results

Thank you all for the well wishes and thoughts.  It really does mean a lot to me.

This morning Chuck and I went to the doctor together.  He has learned more than he ever wanted to know about female anatomy and the workings of it during these past few days. :)

I haven't been for a lady checkup in 10 years.  I know!  Way too long to wait.  Dr. Wheeler remembered me.  I love this guy.  He's hilarious.  Very down to earth. Plus we had a baby together: he delivered Charlie.  I had to fill out a form asking all kinds of questions including ethnicity ("Texan" was my answer which he thought was funny) and occupation ("Trophy Wife" of course).

He did an unltrasound on me and the uterus and ovaries look fine.  No growths.  Nothing.  He diagnosed my growth as a nabothian cyst which sounds like an evil character in a Star Wars movie. "Beware of the nabothian cyst, young Skywalker."

I have to go back tomorrow for bloodwork and he wants to discuss my weight.  Oh come on!  I've lost weight!  but I weigh more than when he saw me last. We talked about my headaches, aches and pains, painful cramps, lethargy, etc.  He briefly mentioned insulin resistance (I have not consulted Dr Google about that yet).  So everything looks ok.  Blood pressure was a little high but I was also a nervous wreck. 

Big sigh of relief!  I won't lie to you...my mind immediately went to worst case scenario when I found the growth.  I had a few stressful moments over the weekend.  My mind was not on it when Chuck and I spent time cooking together.  We made a fantastic Indian dinner: tikka masala, saag paneer, naan bread and kheer.  Recipes coming soon.

So back to life and walking/running and being a trophy wife.

11 comments:

  1. Does your hubby know about the baby you and that doc had together?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chuck was in the delivery room so I'm pretty sure he saw it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol to Jack's comment!

    Glad everything is ok Kelly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such good news - I am so relieved (as I KNOW you are, lol!).

    Love your answers, especially "Texan" - we ARE our own country! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're okay, Kelly. I was thinking of you earlier this morning and hoping your visit went well.

    Can't WAIT to hear about that fabulous Indian meal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're okay, Kelly. I was thinking of you earlier this morning and hoping your visit went well.

    Can't WAIT to hear about that fabulous Indian meal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad that it's not something life threatening. Glad to hear you're ok!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've tried to get the hubs to come with me for a pap smear, but he can never physically make it through the door.

    He was, however, in the ER room when I was being cleaned out after a miscarriage. Poor guy. I wanted to stick my happy drug IV into him, he needed it more.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, and major sigh of relief for you. *whew*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good news. I had the test for insulin resistance and it was gross. I had to drink syrup - ugh.

    I'd heard that Texas was trying to secede from the Union... not sure how I feel about that as I have quite a few blogger friends there and wouldn't want to have to have a passport to visit.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)