Friday, September 10, 2010

My Medical Scare

Yesterday I was reflecting on how precious life is and how I need to focus on my health.  Well, I had yet another reminder last night.

WARNING: I'm gonna talk about female stuff so avert your eyes if you'd rather not read.




Last night I found a grape sized growth on my cervix.  I think it's actually coming out of my uterus.  I'm scared.  There is no pain associated with it but I've had very heavy bleeding during my cycle along with a lot of tissue shed during the process for the past few months.  Headaches and bad cramps come along as well.

I thought it was getting close to that time because the past couple of days I've had a bad headache and been very spaced out.  I've had trouble concentrating and a few cramps and that usually signals my visitor.  But nothing much happened.  And still hasn't.

After a long night of restless sleep, I called the doctor's office as soon as they opened but they can't see me today.  My appointment is Wednesday at 10am.  It is going to be hard to wait that long.

So, I may not be around here much this weekend because I've had another reminder of how precious my life is and I want to spend every minute of it with my family.

Sorry, not trying to scare anyone.  I just needed to get this off my chest.

Some good news: I did my strength training yesterday and I am so sore today!  Today I'm going to go for a nice walk which is part of my weight loss schedule from the running book. 

8 comments:

  1. Try not to think of the worst and what ever you do, DON'T play Dr. Google (he's never right, anyway!). Sending healthy, positive thoughts your way. I know it will be hard to wait until Wednesday...I'm here if you need to vent. Hugs to you, Kelly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know that's scary! Shelley has given you great advice... try to hang in there the best you can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be sending good thoughts your way! Hope it's nothing serious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too will be seinding good thoughts you way...
    Enjoy your family time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopefully everything is ok. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Shelley's advice - just spend quality time with your family this weekend!

    Sending hugs to you!!

    Biz

    ReplyDelete
  7. My thoughts are with you.

    I agree with Shelley dont use your google doctorate (which I also have) to diagnose yourself (which is of course what we all always do anyways.) It's so hard not to try to read anything and everything you can find. Spend lots of time with your family and try your hardest to focus on all of the positive things.

    Good vibes being sent from all of your blogging buddies. We are all here for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish my stress test was a breeae through today, but congrats. and rats on a Dr who may nag you about weight after all you hae done.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)