Thursday, November 18, 2010

5K a Day #10

Woop!  "Only" 20 more 5Ks to go.  Then who knows what crazy thing I'll do next? :P

I felt better when I woke up this morning.  No more glucophage.  I was even hungry.  So I made up some of Lori's pumpkin custard oats.  Guys, the smell of this cooking makes the whole house smell edible.  My stomach started growling and as soon as it was ready I dove in.  I totally forgot to take a picture of it.

It was very good and very filling.  I could not finish all of mine.  I added some sweetener because I like my oatmeal sweet.  If you like pumpkin, I think you'll like this.  Good carb/protein ratio too....if you worry about that sort of thing.

Before I talk about my walk I have to tell you about my trip to Academy last night.  Shelley had mentioned some great deals she found so I went to look for some myself.

I found one white visor marked down to $1.98.  Snagged that.  Also found a shirt for $5.  I grabbed a stick of Bodyglide because walking 3 miles every day tends to cause some of my plumper areas to chafe.

Got home and opened the Bodyglide and saw that it had been used!  There were coarse dark hairs on it. Ewwwwww! Gross.  So I took it back and got a new one.

So back to today.  Charlie and I went to a park while Rachel had Gavel Club meeting.
 The park has great asphalt trails with mileage markers.
 I set the Garmin to do some interval runs and got another 5K knocked out.
I think my blood sugar got too low so I stopped by a Sonic and got a corndog. Only 215 calories so not too bad.

A good day.  I already feel so much better.  And some more good news: even though I'm avoiding the scale I think I really have lost a little weight. Woohoo!

Now off to make taco soup and chill with the family.

Hope you had a terrific Thursday.  Hang in there.  Friday's almost here.

4 comments:

  1. Still grossed out by the used Body Glide.

    Looking forward to seeing you and Chuck this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too...totally grossed out!!! WHO DOES THAT?!?! Congrats on still going 5K strong!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pumpkin is a good LC food!
    Used Body Glides - not so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That means someone probably walked in the store, used it, and hung it back up.

    As my 4 year old niece Gracie would say, "Das Disgustin'!"

    Take care of Shelley for me tomorrow, OK?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)