Wednesday, November 24, 2010

5k a Day #15: Swirll Rewards

Remember a while back I told the family if each person walked/ran/crawled 10th miles we would go to Swirll frozen yogurt? We all got our 10th miles done. I was up to nearly 50 miles. And we finally got to go. I'm not a big fan of food rewards (isn't that how I got in this shape?) but Swirll is a place we visit anyway so why not make it special by earning it?

Chuck enjoyed his.


Congratulations, Charlie.


You did it, Rachel!


Mine: cake batter flavored with strawberries, nuts, and a very small amount of dark chocolate mini chips. Sweet.

That night the whole family went for a 5k walk. We had a great time walking and laughing by the lake. I never thought I'd be doing a 5k every day while on vacation. LOL

Charlie and I raced to street lights. The kids saved toads from a certain death on the roads. Chuck made us laugh. We heard a gun shot nearby. Saw fish swimming under the lights of the boat dock. Watched the moon play peekaboo behind the moving clouds. It was a good walk. We weren't fast but we had a lot of fun. Another 5k down.


PS I think it's amazing that I can sit in bed on vacation and blog from my Droid phone. Cool!

7 comments:

  1. I wish I could do as good a job as you do in getting the entire family on board with the exercise business. Kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In new or different situations, I always ask myself:
    "What would a normal person do?"
    And really, Kelly, a "normal person" would have the occasional food reward. For a real treat! Not an excuse to over-indulge.
    We can't really ignore food and how important it is in our culture - it just doesn't have to be first, second, and third place!
    Love it! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you finally got your Swirll - it looks fantastic! Congrats to the whole family - nice reward. :)

    Love that you all are having so much fun together doing those 5Ks. My family thinks I'm torturing them, making them do one on Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's just so cool that your family is into the exercising....and such a supportive husband all the time...you are truly blessed, and I hope you all have a fabulous Thanksgiving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so great that you whole family is particpating- LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for getting your treat reward!

    Cake batter? Sounds amazing.

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent! I'm so glad that you all got your just reward... and that you learned to enjoy the 5ks along the way!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)