Tuesday, November 16, 2010

5K a Day #8

Walked the whole thing with the kids.  I'm glad today was not a run day because the wind was blowing hard.

Glad it's done.  Still having tummy issues so today was a little bit of a challenge.  It's worth it.

Thanks to Helen for teaching me news tricks for my Garmin. In case you did not know, she is the local guru in Bloggersville when it comes to Garmin knowledge. She programmed hers to make coffee for her.  Hers gets up in the morning, goes for a run, and tells her how she did.  That's how good she can work a Garmin.  True.


Tales from the Scale: I've decided not to weigh myself until I've finished my 30 Days of 5Ks Challenge.
My mother, on the other hand, has lost 12 pounds by walking 1 mile each day and following the guidelines in the Insulin Resistance Diet book.  It's easy to follow (pair carbs with protein, no more than 30g of carbs per meal, some carbs don't count, etc)  I'm starting to seriously follow it. Especially since my doctor says it works so well.
Go, Mom!

4 comments:

  1. You are too funny. Thanks for the kind words and GREAT JOB getting that 5K in once again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thinking of getting a Garmin but i'm not sure it's worth the money. How are you liking it??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Suzi. Read the reviews on Amazon to see what others think too.
    You can also use it for biking.
    It has a lot of options. I'm just now learning how to use some of them.

    It's one of those things that I do not regret getting. It is HUGE on your arm though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, congratulations to your mom - that is awesome!!! And you just crack me up with your Garmin humor - glad Helen was able to get you the hook up!

    Oh, and yes the Garmin looks big on your arm, but your wrist looks tiny in comparison, lol!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)