Sunday, November 28, 2010

5K a Day: Still Happening

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and were able to avoid the Black Friday madness.  I was about to pull my hair out if I even heard the words "Black Friday" again. 

I am happy to announce that I began and finished all of my holiday shopping last night on the computer.  No lines. No stress. Woohoo!  I think the kids are going to be excited but I can't share details just yet. Don't want them to find out. :)

A quick recap of Weds-Sat:

Wednesday:
Took the kids to a super cool pizza place called IT'Z because I had some Groupons that were expiring the next day.
It was so cool!  Great buffet and so many indoor rides. We had a great time.

Bumper Cars

 That evening we went for a walk to complete 5K #16.
 We saw a small snake on the sidewalk.  I'm not exactly sure what kind it was but I could tell it wasn't venomous so Charlie picked it up and it didn't try to bite at all.  In my area (southeast Texas) all snakes with round pupils are non-venomous. Corn snake? Juvenile rat snake? Dunno.
 Thursday: Turkey Day
I knew I wasn't going to feel like walking that evening plus a cold front was coming so Chuck and I got the 5K #17 out of the way.
 We then went to Chuck's parents' house to eat.  Even though there were so many goodies to eat, I behaved myself and only had small samplings of my favorites.  Rachel made a sugar free pumpkin pie and I had a small slice but left the crust behind. Yeah!

Friday:
It was cold Friday morning.  Chuck and I waited for it to heat up a little then got 5K #18 completed. Brrr.

That's Lake Conroe in the background.
Saturday:
Time to pack up to go home.  It's bittersweet: I don't want vacation to end but I also look forward to sleeping in my own bed.

I wasn't feeling too great.  Achy bones, sneezing, tickle in my throat. I can't get a cold. Can.not.get.sick.

Got home, unpacked, washed and folded clothes, and stayed in bed.  I could not miss doing one of my 5Ks after I'd come so far but I wasn't feeling so great.  I planned to make up for it by doing two 5Ks the next day.

Around 9pm I was feeling slightly better but guilty so I hopped on the treadmill and finished up 5K #19.  Woohoo!  Getting close to #30!  For a reward: a bike? :)

5 comments:

  1. I am so impressed by your dedication to this challenge, especially with the holiday, vacation AND feeling unwell (not sick...you are NOT getting sick!). A ginormous reward is definitely in store for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again I say...YOU ARE MY HERO!!! Congrats on making it this far, and I know you can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW Awesome are you?
    Pretty rocking awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing so awesome!! Your time was quite a bit faster on that cold day- I bet you were wanting to get home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, great job Kelly getting on the Treadmill to get your 5K in regardless of feeling out of sorts! You are rockin it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)