Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Tik Tok

The computer is still not fixed but I can work with it to produce a post with a little effort.  Charlie spilled some bubble solution on the keyboard which makes the keys produce all kinds of interesting combos.

Example: I am going to type "Losing 100 pounds is easy with a tapeworm."
Lo9si8ng q1p0p0 p0o9u7nds i8s e3asy w2i8th a tap0e3w2o9r4m.

Yeah.  Frustrating and time consuming have new meaning now.

On to more interesting news.
I have been having chest tightness for the past couple of weeks.  It doesn't hurt but it's not comfortable either.  I told my dr. about it and he sent me to his cardiologist.  My blood pressure was 132/100.  The EKG showed normal and the cardiologist said that it didn't sound like heart disease after he asked me a bunch of questions.

My other dr. took me off the Metformin and the chest pains went away completely.  So I'm going to try Glucophage next and see how that does.  It's the name brand of metformin.  The dr. did say that he had never had any of his patients react that way to the medicine.  Sometimes being special isn't that much fun. :P

My mom's test results came back.  Her results were similar to mine.

Cholesterol, kidney and liver function fine.

Now the not-so-good news:
Borderline diabetic/insulin resistant
low thyroid
high platelets
high blood pressure
low vitamin D

She'll be taking the metformin and 2 thyroid pills and going on the Insulin Resistance Diet.  She's doing great with the diet and losing weight. Plus she's walking 1 mile every day.  I'm happy that she's taking it seriously and working hard.

Tomorrow is our fall camping trip to the hill country.  I'm so excited!  Chillin' by the fire, hiking in the hills, geocaching, reading in the warm trailer at night, sitting by the blue river and listening to the water cascade over the rocks.  Wish you could be there too.  I'll be sure to post pictures when I get back.

Hope y'all have a wonderful weekend!

PS  Sorry my post is so choppy.  I can't wait to get this keyboard fixed!  Dar4n co9mp0u7te3r4sQ!Q!

6 comments:

  1. Wow - that is frustrating - and time consuming!
    Hope it gets fixed asap (asfd;lkjaflkjasflkja)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got your chest pain figured out - that is scary!

    Have a great time camping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. bummer on the key board!!!

    Have fun camping and glad to hear you got things figured out w/the chest pain...things like that always scare me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tiny bubbles...
    in my keyboard.

    Where is Don Ho when you need him?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have lots and lots of fun! Glad to hear that your mom is doing well with the diet and walking! I really need to walk everyday, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was on glucophage too before insulin - it worked wonders for me, and I didn't have any side effects from it either!

    Hope you had a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)