Monday, December 27, 2010

Back To Life, Back to Reality

Did you have a great Christmas?  We sure did.  I just hate that all of the fun is over.

Saturday we went to my parents' house and exchanged gifts.  That was a lot of fun, of course. My brother gave me a new Droid X phone that is super-duper awesome.  It's even nicer than Chuck's iphone.  LOVE it.

Mom made a huge dinner with ham, fried chicken, BBQ brisket, cornbread dressing, sweet potatoes (no pecan pie on top), fruit salad, corn, mashed potatoes, veggie medley, cranberry sauce, & mac n cheese.  I had a little sampling of the things I love and was stuffed.  I'm not used to eating big dinners.  It only takes a little to fill me now.

I brought the desserts: creme de menthe Boston Cream Pie (storebought), two bite brownies and cupcakes (storebought), layered eclair dessert and a low cal coconut cream pie (Hungry Girl recipe).  I fixed a sampler plate for Chuck and had two bites of Boston cream pie, eclair dessert and coconut pie.  That was all I needed.  So not too bad on Christmas day.  Oh, and two beers.  Oops.  It counts as fluid though.
I'm pretty sure I did just fine on calories but there is not way for me to know how many calories were in everything so I didn't sweat it.  Not too much anyway.

We spent the night and the next morning mom made another huge meal for breakfast: scrambled eggs with ham and potatoes, hashbrowns, fruit salad, and buttered and toasted rolls.  I could have hurt myself on those rolls they were so good.  Breakfast turned out to be lunch so I  actually skipped breakfast.  Just to make sure I wasn't too bad on my calories that day, I had a little bit of brisket (I pinched off a few pieces...just a little bit) and a bowl of Cheerios for dinner.

As soon as we got back from mom's yesterday, we unloaded and went to Chuck's parents' house.  The kids opened up their gifts (they each got an iPad!!!) and Chuck & I got a Keurig coffee maker.  Love it.  I can have coffee and tea instantly now.  And no mess.

It was great spending the weekend with family and I do wish it was still Christmas but at the same time it's good to get back on schedule.
----------------------------
Exercise last week:

Monday: rest
Tuesday: run 3.15 miles
Wednesday: strength train upper body; bike 13.5 miles
Thursday: Rest
Friday: Run 3.6 miles; bike 11 miles
Saturday: Rest-Christmas
Sunday: rest

Looks like I took a few too many rest days. :)
----------------------------
I've ordered one of those fancy digital scales that sends the info to your computer to track your weight loss.  Can't wait to get it.  I always have to call Chuck to read the scale for me now because the little dial is too small for me to see and if you bend over while on the scale the dial goes nuts.  I'm really hoping that the digital and the manual scale match up.  I'd hate to weight more on the new scale.  But it is what it is. :)

OH, and mom bought me a shirt for Christmas and she said, "I'm afraid it may be too big for you."  I haven't heard those words in years and it felt so good.

Hope your weekend was merry as well.

14 comments:

  1. The shirt being too big is the coolest NSV. What a huge boost that should be to your confidence and your motivation.

    The food list though made me hurt. How did you survive all that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too big?
    Too cool.
    And the coffee maker?
    I'll be right over.
    Save me a decaff?
    Back to the grind, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I'd be comfortable with my scale talking to my computer about my weight. What if they talk about other stuff, too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh i'm so jealous :) A keurig i've always wanted one of those!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eh it's hard not to take extra rest days at this time of year! There is so much going on! Looks like you didn't do too bad though Kelly! Great job!

    And I got a garmin forerunner 305 for christmas! I'm so excited. Now just have to figure out how to use it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't even worry yourself about the new scale, as it will all be relative. The new scale will surely show a different number, but if you lose a pound next week, it will still go down a pound, no matter the starting number. It's just a reference, not anything else.

    ITA with Jack, I don't want my scale and computer talking to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you had a wonderful Christmas with your family Kelly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those scales look SOOO COOL! I'm glad you enjoyed your Holiday. Congratulations on sticking to your plan around all those goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I feel the same way -- it was good to see everyone, but it's also good to get back to exercising.
    Can't believe I just wrote that, but it's true.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great Christmas - and iPads? I dare not let my kids read your blog or there will be an uprising! I wonder if your new scale will also talk to your Garmin..."hey, make her run an extra mile today!" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh and the Keurig? So jealous! Let me know how you like it...maybe that will go on my birthday list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the too big t-shirt - that rocks!! :)
    I love the scale - gotta order me one... I hate reading my scale. And I seem to want all the latest gadgets and if they upload automatically to my putter well all the better! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Afraid the shirt was too big? PRICELESS! Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow- what great gifts for all of you! That scale sounds pretty cool- I've never heard of anything like that before!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)