Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Java Jitters

I mentioned yesterday that I got one of those Keurig coffee makers as a gift for Christmas.  I think I may love it a little too much.  It's so easy to use and I can have a cup of coffee or tea in less than 15 seconds.  And clean up is as simple as removing the K-cup from the machine.  That's it.

That being said, I had waaaaaaay too much coffee yesterday and got a little bit of a tummy ache and some jitters. 

I also bought a ton of coffees, teas, and hot chocolates from Keurig.com.  Free shipping on $45 or more orders.

You know, if I had a coffee shop I think I'd name it Jitters.  Cool name.


I didn't do too much yesterday.  Braved Target and Kohls to get some coffee.  Did some lower body strength training that included reverse lunges, deadlifts, side lunges, crunches, and single calf raises all with weights (my rear hurts today) and played Angry Birds until midnight.  Stupid addictive game.  Don't get the app for your iphone or droid.  It'll suck you in.

Ate a little below my 1200 calories but not by too much.  Wasn't very hungry.  I'm sure I'll be hungry today though.

And before bed I had a cup of hot tea thanks to my Keurig.  I wish I could get each of you one of these things. It's a very cool gadget.  I love it. 

Today: haircut, running, washing & folding some clothes, grocery store.  Fun, fun, fun.  At least it's warmer today.  I feel for my east coast friends today.  Hope you guys are doing ok and staying warm.  Come over here and I'll set you up with some coffee or tea. :)

Only 4 days left in my Challenge.  So far I've lost 8 pounds.  I was hoping I could drop a few more but I'm not complaining.  I went ahead and ordered some size 14 black jeans from Coldwater Creek so I'll be prepared.  I got rid of some of my larger clothes so no turning back now.

Speaking of Coldwater Creek:  you can get 50% off your entire order there right now until January 3, 2011.  Just go to their web site.  They have very nice clothes.

10 comments:

  1. No turning back.

    I like that :-)

    It was 18 degrees when I ran on the Garage-Mill this morning. Cold but better than outside where the windchill was 4. Gah. I want summer back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did someone mention coffee?
    Just asking....
    ☕☕☕☕
    Good for you on the Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is exactly why I haven't gotten a Keureg yet (sp?) I tried one out a few years ago when my son was in the hospital for a week. It was the one nice part of our lives for those days. I LOVED IT! I know I would live on coffee if I had it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. CoffeeWhiz.com. and Coffeeforless.com, my own pharmacies for medicine at a discount. 24 packs for $10.00.. Only buy Extra Bold, and the jitters are myfffrrrrrgrgshfriends...

    More coffee, Keruig is GOD !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coffee is my secret weapon in this battle of the bulge. I buy fresh roasted beans from my local barista, grind them at home before each pot and mix in a little unsweetened soy. It is bliss in a cup. There is no such thing as too much coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's a coffee place in Kingwood (where I live) called Jitters. I keep saying I'm going to stop there, purely on principle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Jitters" - I love that! I do that too - get something new and go a little overboard on sampling...

    So pleased that you are getting rid of your old, oversized clothes! We need pictures of you in your new togs - Fashion Friday??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have one of those coffee makers that I got prolly 5 years ago when the store I worked for went out of business. But we just didn't get into it, it was hard to use! They've probably changed since then- I'm wondering if I should get it back out and give it another try though!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - 8 pounds - you are amazing!

    There is a jitters cafe in our area, isn't that funny. Too bad it isn't very good. Hence it has not appeared on my blog LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Although i'd love one of those coffee makers it's probably the last thing i should get!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)