Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Beginning of the Ending

To be an end, there must be a beginning.  The end of a weight loss struggle begins somewhere. 

Instead of making New Year resolutions, I'll be marking the beginning of this year (2011) so I can see my progress at the end of the year. 

Where I am right now:
Old scale: 185
New scale: 192 I'll be following the new scale

Clothes: size 16 jeans though I can get in a size 14
size large shirts
size 8 shoes

Height: 5'7"  not that I expect that to change

I can run a mile straight...maybe further.  I rarely push myself.  This year I did run 3 miles straight.

I've biked 13 miles but haven't tried to go further yet.

At this point I am insulin resistant, have high level of testosterone, PCOS, high blood pressure and sometimes little problems with depression and anxiety for no reason at all.  Low iron and Vitamin D levels.

December 31 I will revisit these stats and see how far I've come.  By that time, I'd like to be at a healthy weight and be able to bike 25-30 miles and run/walk a half marathon. 

Right now my greatest desire is to lose this weight as quickly as possible and prevent the onset of diabetes.  My doctor has warned me and I listened this time.

Today is January 2.  I am happy even though my weight loss has been erratic even when I give it my all.  So I'll try harder.  No worries.  I'm a tough chick. :)

I'm also going to be seeking adventure this year.  Canoeing, zip lines, hikes, camping, etc.  I want to do things that make me feel alive.

This is what I look like today:

Chuck was being silly with the camera and we were having fun.  "Now pout for me..work it" LOL
  I'm extremely optimistic and even a little excited about my plans for getting in shape.  It's going to be fun to look back on this at the end of the year and see how I've changed and what I've accomplished.

In 2010 I.....
  • ran my first mile
  • tried Zumba for the first time
  • got a cat
  • got a bike!
  • met Shelley
  • ran in some 5Ks and walked a 6k with my family
  • had my 20th wedding anniversary
  • graduated Couch to 5K
  • lost some weight/gained some weight
  • dropped from a size 20 to a 16
  • completed my own challenge of completing a 5k per day for 30 days
  • tried spinning
Here's to a new year and a new me.

13 comments:

  1. Really great, Kelley!! I know you will achieve your goals, and it sounds like you're going to enjoy doing it!

    You're really looking GREAT!! I can't wait to see your progression!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly you're looking great! And great things to work for!! I know you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy oh boy do you have a great figure! No wonder Chuck wanted you to work the camera - lol!

    I think you've put together great lists here... the beginning of the end and what you did in 2010. I have no doubt that next year's list will be just as fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great! So slim! Here's to more great adventures in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look gorgeous!! Great goals that i have no doubt you can achieve.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look fantastic in clothes that fit!!! Love your posing for Chuck and the camera...what fun!

    You had quite the year and I'm thrilled to have made your list! I hope we get to run another race again this year - we'll have to find one in the next few months.

    I'm excited to follow your progress this new year - along with the Year of Helen, I do believe it's the Year of Kelly as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, new follower :) You look great! COngrats on all you accomplished in 2010! I'm sure you will ROCK IT in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  8. and I already love the OLD YOU!
    Heres to a great year.


    Miz.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HOly Smokes! You're HOT! You look slimmer than a 16, honestly!

    I need to get my last labwork from December (copies from doc) to keep for my own comparison when Phase 4 ends and again on Dec 31. I think seeing bloodwork progress is important, just like the scale and tape measure. It's all about getting BETTER.

    Anyway, dang, girl, your hubby is one lucky dude! You'z cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You really did do a lot in 2010! I like your list of goals.

    Honestly - I would not put your weight at 185.

    Here's to a great 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did you say "struggle?"
    I think not!
    YOU.look.Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)