Thursday, January 6, 2011

Chillin' with some Zumba

I have chilled considerably since my last little tantrum.  I'm actually feeling very confident and happy and all that other good stuff.  I'll try to keep my future tantrums to a minimum.

Yesterday I said I fed the birds at the Kroger parking lot.  I forgot that I had taken a picture of it. A whole bunch more came after I started to drive away.
Made sure to feed them away from the cars so they wouldn't "decorate" them.
 Lunch: I picked up some butterfly shrimp by Sea Pak.  I didn't realize they were supposed to be fried so I sprayed them with some olive oil and cooked them in a nonstick skillet.  They don't look terrific but they were crisp and very yum. Served with a large side of veggies. Love all the colors.  It's actually called "Healthy Colors" by Green Giant.
 Dinner: Gorton's grilled tilapia fillets are only 80 calories each.  Not bad and they taste good.  The kids even ate all of theirs.  Maybe it was because they were so hungry.  I know how to get my kids to eat their dinner: starve them!  I'm kidding.  I'm kidding. :)
 The eats tracked on Sparkpeople.  I love my bodybugg but I am not crazy about using their food log.  It can be picky when you enter new data.  Sparkpeople has a lot of user shared foods so I don't have to type everything out again.
I'll probably add a Dove Dark Chocolate Promise to that list before I go to bed.  :)
-------------------------------------
Exercise: I picked up Zumba for the Wii at Best Buy today.  I've gone to a Zumba class before and it was a lot of fun.  But this Wii version is tough.  Maybe I'm just lacking in the rhythm department.

I also had trouble with the belt where you place the controller.  I guess I kept hitting a button because the tutorial kept skipping to another step.

I worked out for 40 minutes with it.  Got a nice little sweat going and my heartrate up.  I'm going to try it again soon and just try to keep up.  I couldn't help but laugh a few times as I tried to do the steps. LOL

Didn't run today like I planned.  Not worried.  Tomorrow I have a run scheduled and strength training that afternoon.
--------------------------------
Tomorrow night we are meeting up with some friends we haven't seen in...oh.....at least 10 years.  I can't remember the last time we saw them.  Looking forward to it.

We're meeting at a Mexican restaurant called Sylvia's Enchilada Kitchen.  This place is goooooood. Not a friend of calorie counters, Weight Watchers, or anyone else trying to lose weight.

I've looked at the menu online and plan to order the spinach enchiladas and eat 10 chips with salsa and some of the refried beans.  Don't want to blow all this work on one dinner.  The spinach enchiladas are advertised as being low fat.  Plus I love spinach enchiladas. 
--------------------
Just for fun, the word for the day is urophagia. It's the drinking of urine for health and weight loss.  I wish I were kidding.  People actually drink their own urine to lose weight and for "health benefits."  How disgusting is that?!


If I don't get on here before the weekend, hope you have a wonderful weekend filled with happiness and peace.

8 comments:

  1. And my word for the day is "gagophoria".
    Disgusting

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy RUNNING and WEIGHTS DAY!!

    Love,
    an avowed NON-urine drinker :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuck- that's so gross about the urine drinkers! Ew!

    Have fun tonight with your friends and enjoy your food!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would just like to point out that the title of this post is an oxymoron. There is no such thing as "chillin" with Zumba. You should have named it Shakin' My Groove Thing with Zumba. I think Chuck should submit his word for official inclusion in the dictionary. There are so many instances where it would be the perfect word. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spark people and pee.
    Talk about a spark!
    The way I get kicked off of blogs,
    I better not even go there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you are having a delicious dinner with your friends right about now...and have a successful shoe-shopping trip tomorrow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been testing SparkPeople out and I am not digging it so far. It is too much work to log each meal. I use bodybugg to keep everything in the same app but if I need more info I go to CalorieCounter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so envious about the seafood. I miss that so much. Man, it's been 13 years. Gosh, I miss frish and shrimp and scallops and lobster and crab...It's torture living in Miami and not eating all the fresh fare. ARGH!!!

    Did I mention ENVIOUS!!!! :)

    Oh, well....in my next body, I plan to feast upon seafood till my eyes bug out or I grow scales. :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)