And I'd say, "What's so funny?" It was a fun little joke. :)
I've lost some weight and started caring about my appearance a little more. I still like to say I'm a trophy wife instead of housewife. Just for fun.
So what does a trophy wife do? I'll use Tuesday as a typical example day.
- Wake up and avoid the scale at all costs. Have a sugar free Rock Star or coffee. Also a quart of water.
- Check email and read blogs.
- Write a blog entry about being a trophy wife
- wake kids and make sure they're fed and I have breakfast
- school for the kids
- some sort of workout for me. Yesterday was YMCA treadmill because a trophy wife does not like to work out when it's too hot or too cold. Temperature must be perfect.
- Decided to run a 5k with a few walk breaks. 37 minutes. A trophy wife does not need to be fast; she just needs to have cute clothes and break a sweat.
- Have a nice lunch at home.
- more school with the kids.
- strength train upper body. Trophy wives must have nice muscles even if they are hidden by a protective layer of fat.
- read a blog about a "one night only" showing of Hood to Coast and decide "I must go" at the last minute. A good husband always obliges his trophy wife.
- take a shower. A good trophy wife shaves her legs at least once a week in the winter.
- whip up dinner: eggbeaters, turkey sausage crumbles, cheese and salsa in a low carb tortilla. make a plate for hubby so he can eat as soon as he gets home. Don't want to be late for the movie.
- pop a 100 calorie bag of popcorn to sneak into the movie. a trophy wife must be thrifty on some things so she can splurge on other things. Like stylish running shoes. Or a trip to see Wicked in San Antonio. Or an entry fee into a race.
- Watch awesome movie but don't open the popcorn until trip home.
- Watch recorded episode of Biggest Loser and cheer for the other trophy wives.
- Get beauty sleep. A must.