Friday, January 21, 2011

The Friday Quickie

  • I've been so hungry!  You're probably getting tired of hearing me say it but it's true.  Yesterday I started the day with 2 scrambled eggs w/cheese and a bowl of oatmeal and coffee.  It held me off for a while.  I ate sensibly for lunch and even had snacks.  By dinnertime I was famished.  What's the dill, pickle?
  • I'm starting to love strength training as I see more muscle definition.  I wasn't sure that was ever a relationship that was going to develop.  Thanks to Oxygen magazine's routines.  They're easy to follow and I've really seen a difference this month.
  • Scale shows I've lost 1 of the 2 pounds I gained.  If I'm having calorie deficits and working out hard why am I not losing more weight? Guess I shouldn't worry about it because...(see below)
  • I am now wearing size 14s!!!  As of this morning.  Hot dog!  I'm a happy chick today.  Now I own 2 pairs of pants that fit. YAY!
  • Taking Chuck to get running shoes in Galveston today.  A stop at LaKing's Confectionery will be happening.
  • Took yesterday off from exercise because I was feeling a little under the weather.  Trying to learn to listen to the signals my body gives me.  Tough lesson it is.
  • Strength trained lower body today and felt great.

12 comments:

  1. Rock those 14s with pride! Be safe on your trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What work out- is it posted somewhere? I would love to try it once!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the 14s myself right now. Hoping to be in a 12 ultimately. Just a few more pounds off the panni. Congrats on the NSV! Those are the best kind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne, it's in the January issue of Oxygen. It's a 3 part series called Your Best Body. It starts out pretty easy with bands. February issue is part two and used dumbbells and stability ball. Not sure what part 3 is going to have but it's all meant to be done at home. No gym membership required.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wait.... Friday Quickies... that is the staple of the TX trophy wife now?

    Teehee!!


    YAY for smaller pants!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job on the non-scale victory of getting into those jeans. Sometimes that matters more than what the scales say. Cheers, Rick

    ReplyDelete
  7. Part is the extensive training. My guess is that you, Mrs. I.R., need to cut back more on carbs. Have eggs and veggies for breakfast, ditch the oatmeal. Have string cheese or nuts and a lower-carb fruit (berries, for instance) for your snack. Do salads with protein for lunch. Have one good, solid, high fiber starch serving for dinner with non-starchy veggies.

    Do that for two to three days and tell me what happens.

    Really, give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo! I feel your excitement. I can't even imagine fitting into a size 14. I haven't done that since high school. Great job with the strength training too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job!!!!
    Sometimes we have to listen to our body when it says it's hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. With the workouts your doing that could be the reason your feeling hungrier! Protein is what usually helps me with hunger. If you have oats(which i love) either add some protein powder after they're cooked or add an egg white when they're just cooked and stir and stir and it tastes like custard you don't notice the egg white at all :) But it does help keep me full better than just oats!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the 14's! whoo hoo! Keep up the great work! way to go on the workout!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really need to start strength training. I feel I don't know how to do it or what to do. Maybe if I was more consistent in it I would see results.

    That's so great on the size 14's!! Whoohoo!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)