- Kicked my butt exercising yesterday. Not sure why I decided to keep going and going but I did.
- Started with Turbo Jam Cardio Party 2. I was a sweaty mess afterwards. Dripping sweat! 45 minutes, 450 calories burned.
- If I haven't done Turbo Jam in a while, my back always hurts the next day.
- Duathlon coming up so I better start training for it. Bike ride 8 miles, 41 minutes. Slow? Oh yeah. Need to strengthen those legs muscles a little more.
- Started thinking on the bike ride: what if I come in last? What if I fail? Then it hit me like a brick upside the head: if I keep trying then I'm not failing. I only fail if I quit. Even if (for some terrible reason) I can't finish the race I don't fail unless I don't come back next year and try again. Failing is when I stop trying, not when I hit a bump in the road. This applies to weight loss and everything else.
- Strength training: Oxygen magazine's February issue "Your Best Body" routine for quads, hammies, glutes and calves. Holy mother of lactic acid! I know why they cry on Biggest Loser now. OK, legs are my weakest area. I know that. This reminded me of that. Daaaaannnnng.
- And, no, I am not walking right today. Still sore from the tricep exercises on Tuesday and now my back, butt, quads and hamstrings hurt. Calves are ok.
- I've been trying new recipes lately and it's been a lot of fun. Thursday I made fish just for the halibut. It was shrimply delicious. That's the trout, so help me cod.
Cooking Light February issue: Poached Halibut with Lemon-Herb Sauce. 217 calories. Also with 1/2 cup brown rice and 2 cups broccoli.
- New love: unsweetened coconut milk (found right by the soy milks) with protein powder. The coconut milk is super thick like drinking cream and 50 calories per cup.