Thursday, January 20, 2011

Running and Dancing

Wednesday I woke up sneezing.  The sneezing continued and my nose decided it wanted to run.  Seemed like a good idea so I got my shoes on and took off for a run.

Sneezing and running can be quite comical. :)  It turned out to be a not-so-stellar run.  My legs felt heavy and achy then my Garmin decided that it couldn't hold another piece of information midway in the run.  I stopped and deleted some old stuff then reset the intervals to 1:1 (1 minute running:1 minute walking) 

I only got in 2.5 slow miles.  I know everyone has bad runs.  It's just part of life.  So looking on the bright side: at least I got out there and burned some calories and I got in some miles. Yay!

For the past few days I have been starving. Not just cravings but all out hunger.  I could eat anything: fruit, chips, a salt block, meat, cheese, yogurt....just about anything.  Maybe it's my metabolism kicking in? Maybe I'm about to drop some pounds?  Maybe it's all the extra exercise?  I don't know but I do know that I'm having trouble not eating the paint off the walls.

I know protein is a big help with feeling full so I got a Fiber One vanilla yogurt and added a scoop of Jay Robb chocolate protein powder and stirred it until blended.
Added some fat free whipped cream and a cherry to make it look pretty. :)  The taste?  Super sweet.  A little too sweet, actually.  But it helped with the hunger for a while.

Then Zumba on the Wii.  I know last time I did this I hurt my back a little but I never learn I'm hard headed I wanted to burn up some more calories.  40 minutes of Zumba and no back issues.  Yay!  I burn about 100 calories per 10 minutes doing this.  That's some serious burn, folks.

Sat down with the family and watched Modern Family.  That has to be the most uncomfortable episode ever.  My kids were in there laughing from time to time which just added to the uncomfortable feeling. It was funny though. :)

The hunger issues continued into the night.  So did the sneezing.  So I had a cup of sleepytime tea and a little bit of Nyquil.  Funny thing but I'm never hungry while I'm sleeping.  Amazing. :)  That's one way to deal with it, right?

Nothing amazing planned for today.  I think I'm going to take it easy and just go for a walk and later some strength training for the lower body.  Hoping the Hunger Monster stays away today. 

15 comments:

  1. I'm with ya on the sniffles. Although I used the neti pot every few hours yesterday and this morning and now I'm feeling almost better!

    I would listen to your body, Kelly. If you are hungry, you should definitely eat! It might rev up your metabolism even more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon - sounds like a bug is wearing you a little thin. Cheers, Rick

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nose wanted to run - that made me laugh! But look how you got out there and put in those miles! And then Zumba?!! You amaze me with your steely determination.

    I hope you kick that bugs arse.

    I watched Modern Family, too, and agree it would be uncomfortable to watch with kiddos ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Up the protein, cut back the starches. See if that addresses the hunger.

    :)

    Happy Thursday, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling better!

    I find that I get ravenously hungry about a week before my period. Not head hungry, but bottomless pit, stomach growling hungry. I will eat more, but temper it.

    Don't restrict too much if you are that hungry or it might send you over the line into bingetown LOL! Not that I have ever done that or anything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My nose has been stuffed up for almost a week - hope it goes away soon - it makes working out pretty difficult!

    I thought Modern Family was hilarious - but my daughters almost 19 so I wasn't too embarrassed! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read somewhere once that the only BAD run is the one you didn't do..or something like that. You know what I mean. Getting out there is an accomplishment in itself. Be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so messed up this week I forgot about Modern Family. I guess I'll have to catch it online. I love that show.

    Glad you decided to go running with your nose - and you're right, bad runs happen ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry you aren't feeling well , Kelly. It sounds like your run wasn't that bad. Any run is a good run in my book. I'm still learning how. Feel better soon.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always said the easiest diet would be the coma diet.

    And yes, better a bad run than no run. :) Hope you are not starving today, but if you are, eat...just make it real food. Can't hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you're feeling better!

    I LOVE Modern Family- haven't seen the latest episode yet though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think there was something wrong with Wednesday... the stars weren't aligned right, or something like that. It was a lousy day to run.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooh me too with the starving.
    I was going to jest 'is it in the TX air?' but now Im thinking it is.

    ALLERGENS!!


    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
  14. This weeks episode of Modern Family was hilariously akward. Glad I didnt have to watch it with my Mom!

    I think I am going to need to check out the Wii Zumba!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You ran AND did Zumba?! That's awesome! Proud of you!

    As far as the eating thing, I have no clue what advice to give. I think you were on the right track with adding protein powder to your dessert thingy, though.

    Feel better!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Tell me what's on your mind. :)