My muscles were sore from my shoulders all the way down to my feet. My neck and eyelids seemed to be ok but everything else hurt. I got on the scale to see what it would say (knowing that sore muscles definitely cause weight gains) and when it started showing 3 pounds gain I jumped off. Sore muscles love to hold on to that water. Forget the scale, my legs are looking pretty darn good.
I needed my calorie burn to be higher so I went to the Y (eating a banana along the way) and thought I would just walk for a while until I burned some calories. Well, walking just wasn't burning them fast enough so I did 1:1 intervals of run/walk. Wow, I was slow. One time I did crank it to the 6mph mark but that was the only time. Finally hit 4 miles and was happy with my calorie burn.
Don't know about you but I have issues with the treadmill. First, I can not walk on that thing without holding on to the sides. I lose my balance every single time and about fall off. But I can run on it without holding on. I weave a little from time to time and always stay very close to the front because I'm afraid I'll go flying off the back and land on my face. When I'm finished with the treadmill, I have trouble walking on solid ground again. I hold on for dear life as I step off then slowly walk to the cleaner spray then slowly walk back to wipe off my sweat. Then I waddle out of the gym trying to get my land legs again. It's a show for sure. Am I the only one who has trouble walking after being on the dreadmill?
Dinner: cheeseburgers and french fries! Don't judge me. I use 4% fat ground beef, 80 calorie buns, lowfat cheese, and baked fries. It's all good.
Stayed within my calorie budget and had over 1250 calorie deficit. Woohoo! I'm on track for losing 2 pounds this week but with the sore muscles I'm not expecting much. It's ok though. I'd rather have smoking hot muscles than a number on the scale.
Found another shirt that I must have. Don't you love it? You can get it here.
Despite all of that, some lovely bloggers decided to give me a Stylish Blogger award and I accept it with pride. A BIG thanks goes out to http://realworldgirl.blogspot.com/
1. Post and link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers (or as many as you can)
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them they’ve won!
Seven things about me:
- I was bit by a copperhead when I was 9 and almost had to have my arm amputated. Still have the scar and the finger goes numb in the winter.
- I am not afraid of snakes despite above.
- I have a big fear of heights yet plan to do ziplines this spring.
- I've been married to my best friend and biggest supporter for 20 years. Got married when I was 19. (No need to do the math, I'm 21)
- I LOVE science. I'm a geek at heart. I want to be a mad scientist when I grow up.
- I'm a nature girl. Love to be in the outdoors hiking, paddling, camping...anything.
- I'm looking in to doing something that I don't think I can do just to prove to myself that I can do it. Make sense? :)
- I have two kids that I homeschool ages 10 and 15. They're growing up way too fast.
I'd like to pass the blogger award love on to these people:
That's 15, right? OK, I may not have counted. You all get a gold star in my book.
Today's exercise: anything I can endure. Seriously, no plan except some lower body strength. Need to plan ahead a little more. :) Oh, and some pushups for Suzi's challenge.
Have a wonderful day and be kind to someone today. Make it a goal to make someone smile. It'll make you both feel good.